Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S and XW

Awesome !!!    Mr Martin,   casios synths sound so analogue. Pink Floyd and Vangelis are my favorite artist, so this was something I enjoyed very much. I was wondering do you have a cd for purchase of your music Mr Martin? I would buy one, if you don't have a cd or download of your music you should , you got good skills.

• Like 1

Awesome !!!    Mr Martin,   casios synths sound so analogue. Pink Floyd and Vangelis are my favorite artist, so this was something I enjoyed very much. I was wondering do you have a cd for purchase of your music Mr Martin? I would buy one, if you don't have a cd or download of your music you should , you got good skills.

I don't have a CD out...yet.  My free time all goes to making sounds for you guys to download.  

I was working on a CD when but this job got me side tracked.

There are a couple pieces here:

https://soundcloud.com/Michael-Martin

• Like 1

Thank you Mr Martin, I enjoyed your music you have on sound cloud. I hope someday your able to finish your cd,  your as good as any famous artists like Vangelis, Yawnnie, Enya, I have found that type of music (new age, ambient, meditative)  the hardest to do,  unlike most western music that is driven by a beat, there is an organic ebb and flow that is a big part of how (new age, ambient, meditative) music is created. You have that ability to tie all that together very nicely.    

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this piece, Mike.

I never would have ended up here, if I hadn't recently re-watched  Bladerunner  for the 20-something-ish time. Then I did a Youtube search for anyone covering the opening music. Listened to various synths & players covering it. I saw a video mentioning Casio, and I almost didn't watch it, because I kind of dismissed them as toys, back in the 80's. I was blown away by how warm the XW-P1 sounded. Then I went on a quest to listen to everything I could find to hear more and find out more about it. I was really hoping to find one to try it for myself, but availability is a huge problem. Ended up going to the local Long & McQuade and put a deposit down so they would bring one in for me. I was very disappointed to hear that it would be very unlikely that they could get one in for me, before Christmas. The wait is already killing me.

Thanks "TheDogFather"!    I had actually completely forgotten about this piece.   The lead used here is the XW using just a slight variant of the "Vangelis" lead that I used for in the Blade Runner demo.   Thanks taking the leap and ordering the XW-P1.  You're going to have a lot of fun with it I'm sure.  

Ended up going to the local Long & McQuade and put a deposit down so they would bring one in for me. I was very disappointed to hear that it would be very unlikely that they could get one in for me, before Christmas. The wait is already killing me.

Mine was also from Long & McQuade and it took a month to arrive. That seems to be standard from them for the Casio XW's. AFAIK no L&M store, certainly not my local one, keeps one on the display floor and obviously they don't warehouse them (or it wouldn't take a month to get). Given they have priced the P1 _really_ attractively, I think they may have sold a fair number of them even so. Imagine how many they could have sold if they had one on the show floor? (Of course, they might not sell as many competing synths with higher prices and higher margins if they did. Am I being too cynical? :))

. Ended up going to the local Long & McQuade and put a deposit down so they would bring one in for me. I was very disappointed to hear that it would be very unlikely that they could get one in for me, before Christmas. The wait is already killing me.

Too bad you laid down a deposit already.  These guys in Edmonton have it in stock at their warehouse for $987.53 CDN and I can swear by experience that they ship fast and for free by Purolator and stand by their products.

http://www.axemusic.com/store/product/31667/Casio-Privia-PX-5S-88-Key-Digital-Stage-Piano-Weighted-Action/

If you ordered it there today you'd have it in your hands by Wednesday next week.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Actually...I was pleasantly surprised last Thursday when  L & M   called to say it came in! So I've had it for 4 days now. I love the sound & having fun, but as mentioned in other topics, it's a pretty steep learning curve, because the manual kinda sucks.

Been a while since I bought a new keyboard. In fact, last time was my Korg DSS-1 sampler which I still have (back in 1987 or 88). It weighs a ton, especially compared to the XW-P1. I remember having to plan our set lists around the 40 second loading time between discs. Still have a DX7 that I bought brand new in 1985. It was around that same time that I bought a Mini Moog model D. It sounded fantastic, but drove me nuts having to re-tune it before every song when playing live. Must have been an earlier one, because I read that the later ones were much more stable and tuning didn't drift so bad.

• Like 1