Problem with PX3 "split" function

Rockman59

I posted earlier about having a probem with my PX3 and losing my saved registrations.  I reset the  board to "factory default" and everything seems to working except the split function.  One problem is in setting the split point...I lowered it to "C 3" but it won't hold there.  It always reverts back the the F# default setting.  I can save tones on the registration buttons 1 thru 8 and they are holding but I can't make a split or layer and save them because as I said, the split function is not working properly.  When I turn on the split button I get no tones on the left side of the split.  Any suggestions on this latest problem?

• Like 2

The pertinent sections of the manual to this are pages E-14, E-18 and E-34

http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Digital_Pianos_%26_Keyboards/Privia_Digital_Pianos/PX-3/accessories/Stands

If it still doesn't save as a registration after following the procedure then I think something's wrong with the registration flash memory. If that's the case it may need service.

HappyRat1:  Thanks again for the info....I spent over an hour today with my owners manual trying to get the "split" to work....I have used the function many times in the past, never had any problems.  I have four Casio service centers with 2 hours of my home so I will be calling them today for any input from them and for rates and time frame to repair. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks Joe and HappyRat1 for your replies to my post....I was not configured for getting your PM or email sends....should be OK now.  I have my PX3s working  OK again with the split point/save on all presets holding except for one button....no matter what I do it just won't hold anything....but the rest  are holding whatever I put in them.  So,not perfect, but gig functional.  Thanks again for your comments.

• Like 1