Video Files on Forum ×

Problem USB connection

Hi, I need some help. I have bought a XW-P1 recently and I can't connect my pc (Windows 7 64 bits) via USB. The differents ways I have tried are:

1) Sinth off. AC power supply connected to XW-P1. I connect usb cable to my pc and power on the sinth, but nothing happens. 

2) Sinth off. AC power supply disconnected to XW-P1. I connect usb cable to my pc and power on the sinth. The same, nothing happens.

Which settings do you adjust? Thank you.

Hi,

xwp1 isn't usb powered so keep the AC power supply connected to XW-P1.

after the first time, xwp1 can be connected when is "on".(don't use a hub and don't use an "extra long" cable)

For the first time, windows have to detect and install, so it should take a fiew minuts.

Don't forget to instal the Data Editor for XW-P1.

After that, the settings depend on what you want to do (master keyboard, slave with a sequencer ...) but anyway, the data editor works and detect the xwp1.

By default, the usb settings lets you do it ...(page e-79)

Thank you Yed but I have tried with the AC power supply connected with no hub and a normal usb cable. There is a problem with my usb port due to a kind of yellow triangle advice appears on my device manager. If I try to connect to a different one usb port, the signal appears aswell. I have tried in two differents computers with the same result... Any idea? Thank you.

If it's displaying a yellow triangle in device manager double click it and select from properties "update driver" and let windows search the web for the best driver.

It sounds to me like your USB to MIDI class compliant drivers aren't loaded in windows yet.

Thank you happyrat1 but I did it aswell. Driver is ok, the problem is that windows stops the port because detects a problem... Previously I have runned my 49 keys midi controller without problems for years, so usb ports are ok. I think the problem could be in the xw-p1...

One default setting you have to change in the XW-P1 menus are to set MIDI Out to "Key" I think. I'm not at my keyboard now but I believe that parameter is not set by default and without it, it simply won't talk to MIDI.

Anyway, I'll check it out later tonight and get back to you. If that doesn't work it may indeed be a wonky MIDI port.

Thank you everybody for spend your time in my question. I have to say I'd tried all the replys but it seems to be a sinth problem, so finally I bring it back to the music store. Now it's time to wait for the brand answer.