Video Files on Forum ×

Exporting DSP to a WK-7500

Hello everybody, ( i´m a newbie in here)

Could anybody help me how to export a DSP (factory made) from my old WK-3300 (aka WK-3700) to my new WK-7500 DSP´s user zone ?

I´ve take notice that 7500 has no DSP (triple effects) like CmpEnDly (Compressor+Enhanced+Delay) and I would like transfer one from my old WK.

Thank you.

Daniel

Welcome aboard !

The WK-7500 limits you to using one of the 46 DSP Types listed on page 156 of the manual.  It does not support the creation or importation of completely "NEW" DSP Types.  DSP Types 01 thru 14 are SINGLE types and 15 thru 46 are DUAL types.  Three and four way and more complex DSP Types are not supported.

Sorry !  I know if you are coming from a keyboard that supported more complex DSP types, this is going to seem somewhat limiting.  I have a Digitech GNX-4 guitar effects processor that I use occasionally with the WK-7500 for more complex effects arrangements, but this is mostly when I am using it as a pure "synth" rather than as an arranger, as the effects from an exrternal processor are applied to all sounds across the board - not necessarily a good thing for drum and accompaniment voices.

I think Casio may have done this because each added effect in the DSP chain reduces the available polyphony somewhat and increases processor load.  They appear to have been concerned about this when it came to DSP design.  They were touting the new CTK/WK 6XXX/7XXX units as professional grade systems, so they did not want devices that were continually running out of polyphony and/or processor power and skipping notes.

• Like 1

I guessed so :mellow:  , thank you tnicoson !!!

BTW, is it possible to change SUSTAIN and/or RELEASE times of a tone without doing a new user tone ?
I mean... a SUSTAIN and/or RELEASE master setting,  that could be stored in a Regist. Bank for instance
Which are the parrameters that control SUSTAIN and RELEASE ???

Daniel

The parameters you mention, sustain and release, are two of the four parameters that form the basis of all synth tone design - ADSR - Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, but these parameters are part of the basic tone design and are applied on a tone-by-tone basis.  They are not something that would be saved as part of a registration or a global default.  So, as your original question kind of surmised, you would have to modify an existing tone and save it as a new user tone.  The table on Page 163 in the manual lists the various parameters that can be saved in registrations, power-on defaults, etc.  BTW, some of the new entry level units are including two dedicated front panel knobs to vary Attack and Release in real time like a DJ box, so what you were asking is not all that unusual.

• Like 1