Video Files on Forum ×

Exploring the Xw-G1 improvisation and sound discovery.

They are not songs in whole but my trip into discovering what the XW_G1 has to offer on a sound exploration trip.

I was experimenting by creating sounds in manipulating every synthesis feature in the G1 dsp, osc etc using the standard patches I used standard perfomance mode sounds and step seq rhythms. I also was trying out the Looper in combination creating beats, I would first do a drum beat and build the sound up each layer what to me sound nice enough by ear. Enjoy.

Everyting recorded in portable recorder start your volume low first please :).

BR_006 This one I made inspired by the movie Tron. 

BR_008 A looper experiment I used the step seqeuncer salsa to build up the layers onward. 

BR_014 I programmed a beat in the Looper and played the whole combination with the conga's from a performance patch.

BR_021 This is one totally an improvisation I played with a range of sound and recorded snippets what I played in the looper

creating each layer, or played a sequence by ear while manipulating each synthesis of that sound. This one a bit                   loud you might turn it low first specially the bass.

Enjoy my sound discovery.

BR_006.MP3

BR_008.MP3

BR_014.MP3

BR_021.MP3

• Like 2

Hello:

:D Thanks for sharing your experiments. BR_014 looks like a spy movie. B)

Thanks it's a bit sloppy, I really want to get into it and made a few idea's of me discovering this synth. My next songs will be short and clean with new  created sounds which I will add to the forum with each song.

• Like 1