Video Files on Forum ×

Thinking about purchasing xw-g1

Hello fellow forum people, I am really craving a sampling keyboard, but there seems to be only two fairly new ones on the market, korg ,and casio.  I really love my xw-p1 (among the best synths ever) and  I thought wow!  it would be cool to have both xw-p1 and xw-g1. I just have a couple of questions .             Does the g1 sample across the keys polyphonically? like a sample of someone laughing, then you play a bunch of keys and it sounds like a lot of people laughing.          Can you play samples in the sequencer?  If the xw-g1 does these two things , I am going to save up for one.            Thanks to any one who takes the time to give me the info on the xw-g1.

• Like 1

Hello fellow forum people, I am really craving a sampling keyboard, but there seems to be only two fairly new ones on the market, korg ,and casio.  I really love my xw-p1 (among the best synths ever) and  I thought wow!  it would be cool to have both xw-p1 and xw-g1. I just have a couple of questions .             Does the g1 sample across the keys polyphonically? like a sample of someone laughing, then you play a bunch of keys and it sounds like a lot of people laughing.          Can you play samples in the sequencer?  If the xw-g1 does these two things , I am going to save up for one.            Thanks to any one who takes the time to give me the info on the xw-g1.

To answer your question, Yes the G1 plays polyphonic across the keys you just have to select the sample from U200 and upward where they reside. Its  possible in performance mode to give each sample a specific range on the keys. Playing samples from the sequencer is not possible at least as far as I know you can assign them in performance mode by assigning them at either zones or as you play select one from the banks to the looper and that will be selected to play in performance mode, The note mode of the synth is also possible to select as an additional fifth but it will only overlap the first four zones. Although the Step Seqeuncer doesn't play samples you can however use the phrase sequencer to build a pattern sequence on the way u layout your samples on keys or zone by building your own pattern. Say for instance on the left side you have all these bunch of samples on each key and right you have your pcm like piano etc. With the phrase seqeunce you can program your own sequence pattern for the samples and the arpeggio for the pcm sounds. The korg is also pretty nifty synth portable lots option I will soon add this one to but I like sound creations from the XW_G1 also which expands it even more Cheers :)