Video Files on Forum ×

arpeggiator light not staying

from the function menu the aprepg hold is set to off

i press the auto harmonize/arpeggiator button

select any item 13-162 

hold the bottom part of the button down until i see the flashing light for the arpeggiator and release

the light goes out and no arpeggiator is played??? 

i've used the factory reset procedure and still no joy

ideas??

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I would be interested in any answers to this myself.I just received my new WK7600 a few days ago and last night decided to try out the arpeggiator.Did the same procedure you did...selected my arpegg. style and....nothing. I didn't get the flashing tempo light either.Tried several combinations with no results.

Bottom line is...the arpeggiatior does not work. Any help would be most appreciated and the manual isn't a lot of help.

Mike-n-Mac

First, I will deal with Mike's statement that he presses and holds the "BOTTOM" part of the Arpeggiator button.  The buttons on the front panel of the Casio CTK/WK keyboards are not "ROCKER" type switches, where pressing one end of the button (TOP) does one thing and pressing the opposite end (BOTTOM) does something else.  The electrical contact inside the switch (button) is the same, no matter which "END" you press.  Even though Casio's "dual function" labeling makes the switches (buttons) appear to be of the "ROCKER" type, the function actually performed when a button is pressed is determined either by what MODE the keyboard is in when the button is pressed, or in this case, by HOW the button is pressed (MOMENTARY vs. HELD), NOT by which "END" of the button is pressed.

Now, as for your Arp problem:

PRESS AND HOLD the "AUTO HARMONIZE/ARPEGGIATOR" button until the "Hrmo/ArpegType" sub-menu appears in the display.

Use the Data Wheel or the "-/+" buttons to select an Arp (13-162).

If you WANT the keyboard to automatically select (change to) Casio's "RECOMMENDED" tone for the selected arp, PRESS AND HOLD the "AUTO HARMONIZE/ARPEGGIATOR" button AGAIN, until the "Arpeggiator" indicator in the display flashes very quickly two or three times.  (You have to watch very close for the flashes, or you will miss them.) You must have already selected a valid arp type (13-162) at this point in order for this function to work.  If the selection menu is still down in the HARMO type area (1-12), this "recommended tone selection" function will not work and you will never see the "Arpeggiator" indicator in the display flash.  Note that this step allows the KEYBOARD (NOT YOU) to select the "recommended" tone.  Once you see the flashes, the automatic selection has been made, and you should proceed to the next (EXIT) step.  Once again, the "Arpeggiator" indicator in the display WILL NOT stay lit at this point.  The flashes are merely to indicate that the "RECOMMENDED" tone has been selected.  If you DO NOT WANT the keyboard to automatically select the "recommended" tone for the selected arp, SKIP this entire step and select your own desired tone after exiting back to the main display screen.

MOMENTARILY press the EXIT button to return to the main display screen.

At this point, the "Arpeggiator" indicator in the display will be OFF, and the arp will not play.

MOMENTARILY press the "AUTO HARMONIZE/ARPEGGIATOR" button.

The "Arpeggiator" indicator in the display should be ON and the arp should play.

From this point on, any further MOMENTARY presses of the "AUTO HARMONIZE/ARPEGGIATOR" button will toggle the arp on and off.

The selected arp will remain selected until a different arp is selected (PRESS AND HOLD), a Registration that changes the arp is selected, or the keyboard is powered off.

Bear in mind that if the ACCOMP function is turned ON, the arp will not play below the accomp split point of the keyboard.  That is, the arp will not play in the Accomp portion of the keyboard.  In order to play the arp in the lower portion of the keyboard, the ACCOMP function must be turned OFF: "ACCOMP" NOT showing in the lower left of the display.

In the above steps, where you press the EXIT button to return to the main display screen, you should be able to MOMENTARILY press the "AUTO HARMONIZE/ARPEGGIATOR" button to do the same thing (as instructed by the manual) and leave the arp ON, but this step seems to be a bit unreliable, so the EXIT button is a better choice.  At least you know the arp will be OFF and will need to be turned ON.

Good luck and enjoy !