Video Files on Forum ×

Prog Rock on a WK-7500 and XW-P1

I made this video earlier today with my two Casio keyboards, trying to recreate a piece of music I wrote about twenty years ago.  The XW-P1 is doing a classic Mini Moog lead sound and the WK-7500 is doing the backing pattern and Hammond organ sound.

The sound isn't direct input so the "mix" isn't great (there's no bass to speak of) and you hear my fingers hitting the keys, but it was a fun experiment for a Sunday afternoon!

Pierre

• Like 4

The original version (probably recorded around 1993) is already on my SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/pfontaine/hammond-eggs

This version certainly sounds fuller because of all the keyboards I was using at the time including a Casio CZ-101, a Yamaha YS-200 FM synth, a Korg piano module and a Kawai PH50 Pop Keyboard.  It was sequenced into a Yamaha hardware sequencer and played back over MIDI.  The audio was routed through an Alesis reverb unit and recorded directly to cassette.

I could certainly do a more polished version with my current keyboards but I really wanted to see what I could do playing it live rather than sequenced.

Pierre

• Like 1