I really like this forum

Hi forum people,  just wanted to say you guy's are allright. I have never been big on social media, I have  never had a facebook account, and this is the first forum I have ever joined.  It is not that im anti social or anything, I have just always preferred  in person interaction.  However my experience with this forum has been very positive, as well  as informative, and fun. The music done with the xw's , and the px-5s have been inspiring. Many thank's to Mike Martin, and everyone else I have  interacted with on this forum.   I am glad I joined.

• Like 2

Patrick,
Thanks for joining in.  The forum had some growing pains when it first got started but now the community is really starting to grown and people are participating and helping each other out.   I can't possibly answer all the questions about all our products on every forum but the involvement level from users helping users has really increased lately.   :)

Hi Mr. Martin, There is one down side for me joining this forum, and that is I don't have good tech speak, heck im just a country boy. when I hear a synth or instrument I like I don't even care if I can tweak the sound a lot, I just think wow I like this sound I will use it. That's not to say that I don't try to experiment and create my own sound's, (the xw-p1 has certainly expanded that area of my brain) it's just there's some technical terms and things on synth's that I don't really fully understand. From 1984 to now is how long I have been playing synth's, and in all that time I have never read much about how synth's work or really studied how they work. I would just dive in head first into a synth and do more songwriting then synth tweaking, I would like to contribute more knowledge to the forum , but im afraid In some instances I might give inaccurate answer's. I did have answer's to a few questions asked on the forum, that made me feel happy.    I guess what im trying to say is that im more of a cheerleader, or morale officer for the xw-p1 than anything.  I am going to go on utube and download video tutorial's on how synth's work,  so I can contribute more to this forum.          Thank you for your time.

Hello:

It is a serious and fun forum. I like it. I bought my first synthesizer (XW-P1) seven months ago. I am an amateur professional, now. B)  I live in Spain and I use a translator because I learn a lot in this forum (music and English). :)

I've left another forum for this. They were too serious. CASIO XW-P1 has not been successful in Spain. The Spanish people are distrustful with CASIO. They lose it. :P

A greeting and thank you. :D

Hi Patrick and welcome to the forum !

I started "composing" a few years ago on my piano, and got the XW-P1 a year ago. The most beautiful thing is when you scroll through the different sounds and try to compose a short piece for each sound. Every sound is different, and for every sound there is a different melody that sounds good. And that is the beautiful thing about synthesizers, because you have unlimited sounds at disposal. 

I suggest you start making your own sounds with HEX LAYER, that is ideal for synth beginners (like I). Use the appendix, there is a list of PCM sounds which you can layer together. Play with detune, fine tine, attack, decay, cutoff filter, DSP effects and the other parameters.  

And once you mastered this tone mode, you can move on to the SOLO SYNTH, which gives you much more tweaking possibilities. 

:)