Video Files on Forum ×

Hi All,

I have just worked me about 3/4  through my WK 7500 manual, as I wanted to compose my first songs.

Well, pretty bad written manual , but okay, this keyboard has so many features, it is hard to write a good manual...

Anyway the most disappointing insight I just made is,

that I can not use the WK 7500 as a real audio workstation.

I can NOT record multiple audio samples via the microphone and layer them together via the sequenzer...

I thought that would be possible to do something like a vocal choir song, singing all the voices myself and

layering them via the sequencer together...

(if I am not wrong with that... ???)

The audio part of the WK-7500 lets you just only record the Sequencer output to the SD Card and then INSERT the Live Voice Microphone...

So you can only perform the live audio via the microphone via the final recording to SD card...

But if you want to record your voice not only in one LIVE step, but want to record parts of it and

let it being controlled by the sequencer, no that seems not to be possible ! Damn !

Or is there any trick where I can record several audio sample from the Mike input and then use

them in the pattern editor or sequencer tracks somehow ?

It seems the audio part is just only there for the final one time recording together as the Insert

when the sequencer output is recorded to "tape" ( sd-card).

So if you sing wrongly or have a bad timing in a few beats or measures, you have to record

all the whole song again and can not edit that out and you only can sing one voice and

don´t use audio multitrack recording !

If there is any trick to circumvent this, please let me know...

Many thanks.

P.S: Before I bought the WK-7500 I watched this video:

and there he seems to have just  only sampled the whole  PRINCE song 

( at around minute 2:15)

only to play this ONE complete song sample from the SD-Card and he seems to play

Live to it with some improvisation to it, but you can only playback from the SD-Card and play live with it with the keyboard, but you are not able to re-record this to the sequencer !

I first thought  he had sampled there some loop parts of the songs and just had been playing back all the samples

via the sequencer, but this seems not to be the case...

So all you can do is playback WAV files from the SD Card and play along live with the keyboard...

but not record this via the sequncer again...only play along...

What a disappointment...

So you can NOT multitrack-record any audio stuff , just only use the internal sounds from the build in hardware sounds inside the sequencer....

2. What is also not good is, that you still need to convert the recorded WAV files via the Tone Editor on a PC or MAC to a real correct format WAV File.

The WAV file it records on the WK7500 keyboard is some kind of bad WAV format and it only has 42.9 Khz sampling frequency and is very low volume, so you need to use this Casio Editor program to get a real 44.1 Khz standard

16 bit Stereo WAV File with the right volume... I wonder then, why it is not possible to also convert it to 48 Khz, as this is needed for DVD audio production sampling frequencies...

Also I wonder, why the keyboard itsself does not work internally with the right sampling frequencies of 44.1 or 48 Khz already... Conversion always produces small amounts of Aliasing..

On my Windows XP Machine the Edtor version 6.1 did not work at all when trying to install it...

Only on my other WIndows 7 64 bit machine it did work...

Why does it need at all to convert these samples first at the PC ? Why didn´t they build it standard PC compatible sampling frequencies and sound file formats ?

3. What about firmware updates ?

Are these not possible with this keyboard ?

I have been reading about this foot pedal Midi release bug, and this seems still not be fixed ?

Can´t this be fixed, cause the WK 7500 is not able to do firmware updates via USB or the SD-card ?

4. How do I get into the service menu, so I can see, what firmware version I have ?

5. The Mike input is humming a lot. There is a noise gating function build in,

so you don´t hear it when you don´t sing,

but when you sing softly you can hear the humming noise in the background, which is pretty annoying...not good !

Please let me know your comments.

Maybe there is still a trick to do audio multitracking somehow ??

Many thanks.

P.S: What about the WK7600 ? Does it have the same problems or did they fix some of these problems in it ?

Does anybody know ? Many thanks.

Too bad, yes, normally these keyboards are then more expensive..

Will Casio soon have such a real Audio Workstation keyboard or do we still have a wait a few

years for this to come out ?

Is it somehow possible via the USB connection to transfer real audio samples into the internal User memory,

so I might could record a few audio samples on my PC and then transfer these into the User Memory of the WK 7500

to use these in the sequencer ?

Do you know about the firmware updates and how to get with what keys simultaneouly pressed  into the service menu

to see the firmware version ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

P.S: Would be cool, if Casio could release a firmware update from WK-7500 to WK-7600.

I would also pay for this, if that would be possible...

It seems they only changed some software features in the WK-7600 model, like an added graphic equalizer...

otherwise the models seem to be equal, only the LCD display is now at a higher angle...so you can better see it..

Okay, I see.

So the way to go is probably to take my laptop and put it besides my WK 7500 and do the audio choir

layering tracks there and sync the WK 7500 to the laptop sequencer via USB-Midi-Clock or something like this...

I like it more to compose the music directly on the keyboard and then later import or sync the WK 7500

then with the laptop...

Now the question is, which Audio and Midi- Recording software works best with the WK-7500 ?

I have tried Cubase onceb at a friend´s place, but it has a steep learning curve, so what about

Fruity loops or something like this ?

What is the best and easiest multitrack recording program to sync perfectly with the WK 7500,

so the WK 7500 will play all the 16 tracks of music from its internal sequencer and the audio parts

will come from the laptop ?

The Audio Multitrack software should have easy Punch-In -Out capabilities and should also support

Realtime Reverb effects during recording already, so I can hear already reverb while singing in the audio tracks and

it should work with the buildin soundcard from the laptop or a cheap external USB soundcard.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks.

P.S. Otherwise , I still wanted to say that the WK 7500 is a great music workstation for composing music.

P.S.S: If somebody else still could adress the questions about the firmware or any tricks about loading

short 3 to 4 seconds audio samples via the USB into the keyboard, please post your infos.

Many thankks.

Regards, Stefan.

Thanks for the Reaper tip.

Did you try first other DAW software solutions and then settled on Reaper ?

Seems to be a pretty powerful software...

What is the difference to Cubase and Abbleton and Fruity Loops for example ?

2. Any Android DAW Software that could be used with the WK 7500 ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

On Android you can use Caustic 2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.singlecellsoftware.caustic&hl=en

for Midi-Recording and Sequencing...

and Opus

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.als.opus1&hl=en

for  Sample Playing...

But here are a few real Audio Multitrack programs:

Audio Evolution Mobile

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.aemobile&hl=en

and

FL Studio Mobile

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imageline.FLM&hl=en

and

J4T Multitrack Recorder

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jaytronix.multitracker&hl=en

I wonder which software works best to sync with the WK-7500 Sequencer and

permits good quality audio multitrack recordings ?

Has anybody tried this yet ?

How is the syncing done with the WK-7500 Sequencer ? Via USB-MIDI Clock ?

Is this possible ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Well, yes, you need to have a special brand Android tablet or phone and the right firmware version to

get around the latency delays...

But it seems Android apps are catching  up versus the IPAD apps...

Anyway, I just got confirmation from Casio Support Germany, that the WK-7500 is NOT firmware updateable...

Too bad !

• 2 years later...

hartiberlin You will be happier using a DAW.
Even the new more expensive keyboards are no longer being Workstation and becoming specific.
The vocal recording in WK 7500/7600 is a simple feature and even more expensive keyboards do not work with many audio channels for recording.
As the staff said
REAPER
SONAR
CUBASE
The WK 7600 has no firmware update and have a gagging bug when changing tone with the rhythm playing.
Android audio is also very mature.
The best part is iPad or Windows.

Hi, Silvano !

I hope you are not expecting a response from hartiberlin.  That post of his, that you just replied, to is about 2 1/2 years old.  Since he was obviously disappointed with his WK-7500 over several features, or lack thereof, and has not logged in here since 06 August, 2013, I would say he most likely no longer has it.  Hope you are still enjoying yours!

Goran

See Silvano's and my reply to your post at: http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12108-about-casio-wk-7600-link-to-controler/

• Like 1