50 free new rhythm styles to download

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2017 at 8:40 PM, RickyLee said:

Hey gang! Thanks for acceptance into the group. I am sort of new to Casio. I have a CTK7200 and have only begun to try and figure it out. I am a professional musician...one man...who generally uses a Korg Pa80 as my bread and butter outfit but it is getting old and I can't find parts for it. So....I took the plunge. I can't afford the expensive ones so I hope this will be a nice addition. Cheers to all from US of A.

Update time!! I sent the CTK7200 back to AMS and got a Korg MicroAr instead. I just got a new CT-X5000 to replace the Pa 80. I am impressed with the way it sounds. What a big surprise.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:04 PM, - T - said:

Jacob !

Yes !  Unfortunately, that link was pulled down some time ago.  I strongly suspect that it was at the behest of Casio corporate.  I think they want all of their regional websites running on a "Seen one - seen 'em all" basis.  Oh well, signs of the times, I guess.  Things change . . . but not always for the better . . . from my perspective anyway.

BUT . . . Fortunately, a nice, thoughtful Forum member, who goes by the moniker of "Casiokid", had the foresite to  download them from the Casio - Europe website, and then upload them to the file archives on this site.  You will find them here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1080-old-casio-ac7-rhythm-style-files/

AND . . . If you have not already found them, here is a link to over 100 aftermarket rhythms for the older WK-3XXX boards.  All of them will work on the newer boards with little or no tweaking.  Granted, they are a bit dated, but are very good for expanding your "bread and butter" rhythm palette:

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html

They are free, but will just cost you a little time.  They have to be downloaded one-at-a-time - no batch download on these.  They are in the old ".ckf" format, but the new boards will accept them, as-is, either via the Data Manager software or directly from the SD Card and will automatically convert them to the new ".AC7" format as they are loaded into User Rhythm memory.

Thanks for the reminder.  I meant to update this thread a couple of weeks ago, when this topic came up on another post, but I forgot - Now it's done.

Good luck and enjoy !

Regards,

Ted

Thanks for sharing! I will check them out. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...