Accordion

jimmyjames

File Name: Accordion

File Submitter: jimmyjames

File Submitted: 06 Aug 2013

File Category: PX-5S Stage Settings

This Stage Setting attempts to improve upon the standard accordion tones that come with the PX5S. The underlying tone is a two-layer hex layer with the waves being the bandoneon samples. The knob/slider/modulation/pedal settings control the same functions as the ConcertGrand setting except:

• Knob 1 controls layer detuning so that you can increase the "musette" or "wet" effect of the sound as it is commonly referred to in accordion lingo. (* See further note on this below)
  • The Mod Wheel adds tremolo as opposed to vibrato to better simulate what happens on the accordion when the bellows are manipulated to provide some modulation to a sustained sound...usually through a hand shaking motion.

All-in-all it is just not possible to incorporate all of the physical attributes of playing a real accordion into any tone or Stage Setting on the PX5S (or any other electronic keyboard I have played except the Roland V-Accordion of course), Nonetheless, I am hoping some of you can "squeeze" something useful out of this...(ugh...).

* For some reason, the Bandoneon waves seems to be sharp a fair amount so you will note if you dissect the tone settings, that I made a fine tuning adjustment. That may be a result of the detuning effect in the base waves themselves. When you detune the layers further with a Knob 1 adjustment, your ears may perceive the sound to be sharpening further. If you plan to use a detuned level more often, I would go in and further adjust the fine tune level...unless of course you like that bit of dissonance.

Click here to download this file