Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 FAQ Thread???

Null

Regarding the XW-P1 FAQ thread which I believe someone started about a month ago or so.  I've just about exhausted my web-fu trying to find it.

Any chance that the mods could find or create some FAQ topics for the various Casio keyboard models and make each one a "sticky" at the top of each one's respective forum?

Searching thru 900 posts per month just to find a particular bit of info just doesn't cut it anymore :o

Thanks in advance,

Gary

• Like 2

One item I'd like to see is a step by step on how to set up the Mixer so that the step sequencer and phrase sequencers are echoed out on the MIDI bus to an external sequencer.

I'm still a little foggy on how to set this up. I recall it has to be done in a performance and not in tone mode and each accompaniment channel has to be enabled to output, but I would still appreciate a little hand holding on how exactly to set this up and determining how each part is assigned to a different channel?

Is it possible to assign all the accompaniment tracks to a single track/channel?

One item I'd like to see is a step by step on how to set up the Mixer so that the step sequencer and phrase sequencers are echoed out on the MIDI bus to an external sequencer.

I'm still a little foggy on how to set this up. I recall it has to be done in a performance and not in tone mode and each accompaniment channel has to be enabled to output, but I would still appreciate a little hand holding on how exactly to set this up and determining how each part is assigned to a different channel?

Is it possible to assign all the accompaniment tracks to a single track/channel?

The Performance controls MIDI assignments for all of the parts.  Press Performance, scroll down and choose MIDI edit.  There is some real power here.  Each Part can be Internal (Gen Out: ON) and if that track is controlling external MIDI gear.   There is a MIDI and USB track for each part.  This means you can independently control USB MIDI devices (such as an iPad) along with other MIDI devices on the regular MIDI out.

• Like 1