Modulation setting for rotary/overdrive

doug44111

On stage setting 1/6 (gospel organ), the modulation setting allows you to specify parameters for the rotary/overdrive effect such as Speed,  etc. to be modified by the wheel.  However, I duplicated the concert piano setting and added an organ for a piano/organ layer, and added the rotary/overdrive effect for the organ (tone 2),  However, the parameters for the rotary/overdrive do NOT show when I go to specify them via modulation.  

I used the computer editor to check it, and it shows "DSP parameter 3" when you download the stage setting to the computer and call it up using the editor.  I went back in and used DSP parameter 3, and that didn't work either.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Thanks! 

Use the front panel of the PX5 for editing the mod wheel. The data editor doesn't show the names of DSP effect parameters.  It only shows DSP parameter numbers.  Before entering edit make sure you have the organ zone number (I'm guessing Zone 2) selected on the main screen. Once you assign a DSP like "rotary" to a tone,  the mod wheel "target" list will change and the names of the parameters will show up. 

• 2 weeks later...

question re: rotary effect

watched the clinic video and listened to the rotary effect (fast) on an organ stage preset - good

listen to the preset through an amp - mono audio - sounds awful

have not made any changes/edits

is this solely due to a mono vs stereo issue?