Video Files on Forum ×

Drum Machine Possible in Near Future???

Mihajlo

Considering a fully operational XW-P1 sells brand new for about the same price as a Korg Electribe EMX1SD I really don't see any cost advantage to stripping down an XW synth to a bare bones step sequencer.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-XWP1-Key-Performance-Synthesizer/dp/B007JZ0L4Y

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-EMX1SD-Electribe-Production-Station/dp/B003OVC3ZC

Offhand though, I wouldn't mind seeing the next generation of XW's also being available as a stand alone MIDI module that would allow you to use your own controller with it.

That would cut costs, save space, and I think would be an extremely popular unit if they could sell it below $299 list (figure $249 street) along with, as you said, more memory, more steps,a built in sampler and a much MUCH better PCM bank.

Something like that I might find worth the upgrade.

Gary

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Korg's Volca Beats.  Maybe have the analog drum section be the same as the MT-68 (or even MT-70 for something a little different.)  Then as Mihajlo said, the ability to import samples (and perhaps have the drum samples from the XW-G1 in there as well,) and then a couple parts using the Solo Synth from the XW, lots of potential for percussion sounds there.  Also, lots of knobs/sliders/buttons and effects.