Video Files on Forum ×

Record instruments from Casio Keyboard

bob

This may be a dumb question, but I would like to make recordings (via PC or Mac) that sound like the instruments I can select on my Casio keyboard.  Is there a way to do this?

I haven't found half the instruments for GarageBand that I can choose from on my keyboard, and those that I can sound very different.

Is there an easy way to get an identical sound recording (without recording using a mic)?

Thank you!

• Like 3

It's not a dumb question but we're missing some information here.  Depending on exactly what model Casio you have you need to pick up some cabling and maybe an adapter to send the Casio's audio output to the Line In Jack on your computer's soundcard.

So first of all, what model Casio are we discussing here?

Gary

You need a cable like this one to connect the two line out jacks to the blue line in jack on your soundcard.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP159-Stereo-Breakout-10-Feet/dp/B005HGM1D6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376810360&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=1%2F4%26%2334%3B+ts+to+3.5mm+trs

Refer to page E-69 in your manual for info on how to connect it.

Then you'll also have to enable capture from Line Input on your PC using the Mixer application in the system tray.

• 3 weeks later...