Video Files on Forum ×

Casio PX-5S: Good for Beginners?

Display Name

I have had a couple people ask me if I thought the Casio PX-5S was good for beginners or  just for pros with years of experience. I think it is a great instrument for beginners and pros alike for a few reasons.

First, it is ready-to-play right out of the box. The PX-5S come pre-programmed with 100 amazing sounding "stage settings" - which is the Casio term for their performance sounds. Pianos, organs, electric pianos, strings, synth sounds, even "club" tracks with bass and drums... everything you can think of of is ready to go. Plug and play.

Second, if you need help you have the forum and Facebook group where you can get all the help you need from experienced users. This is an invaluable resource.

Lastly, it is a board that you can grow with. When you are ready to learn how to program and make your own sounds, the PX-5S will keep you engaged for years to come.  There are also new sounds being made and shared every week... so even if you never want to program, you can  expand sound set just by downloading what you want.

So yes - the PX-5S would make a great first keyboard for someone who is just starting out. We should all be so lucky to have such an amazing first instrument.  :) 

I think its a great instrument All in one, for beginners and pro users.

The programmed stage settings can help to the users to use the keyboard with plug and play, but you can do your own sounds.

Im a profesional musician and I love the px-5s, the key feel, the sounds and the weight are very strong features....... And the white colour hahaha

• Like 1