Video Files on Forum ×

Flat pitch on switch-on

Trish S

This has happened to me several times now, and wondering why? On switching my Casio Privia 330x on, it is not always at the correct pitch. As per the handbook (Casio obviously know this can happen!) usually switching off and back on again usually cures it. But this afternoon, it was fine first half of the afternoon: switched it off while at tea-break: came back and it was very flat. Switched on and off several times but still flat by at least a semi-tone - playing with others so this DID matter a bit!

Searched the handbook and found how to do fine tune (transpose +1 made it go sharp!) Had to go up to +65 in fine tuning to get it back on pitch. (again, it seems they know this can happen!)

Is this a voltage thing, or anything to do with using an extension lead to power supply, or what? Haven't tried it again since I got home!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks: I've not looked in for a while: might try that, especially as i don't really need to use the pitch bender for what I do!

Since I last posted, I've had very few problems if I plug straight into a wall socket, but often a bit flat if I have to use an extension lead: it's less than a semi-tone so I have to use the fine tune option to get back on pitch, usually up to about +66-70.