PX 350M - Saving recordings to USB?

Akiak

Hi everyone. I know this is probably written in the manual somewhere but I'm just so confused. I'm trying to get a WAV file of a recording on the piano onto a USB Drive.

I've already made the recording and it's in the piano's song recorder. I also already formatted my USB drive and plugged it in. Now I want to get the recording onto the USB drive as an audio file (WAV I suppose). Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this? The manual is just confusing me.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Akaik and welcome to the forums.

After you put the USB into the PX350, press and release the AUDIO RECORDER button. The display should read "MOUNTING MEDIA". After the display gpes back to normal, press the AUDIO RECORDER button again The light should start to flash. Recording will start when you start to play or step on the pedal. When you are done press the PLAY STOP button.Wait for the song to write to the USB drive before removing.

Let us know if you need more help.  :)

You can bounce your recording down to a wav file

- Put the song recorder in playback mode, and choose which song you want to bounce down to wave file

- Press Audio Recorder button twice so the light is flashing ready to record (with USB drive inserted of course)

- Press Start/Stop

Let your song play through all the way. When finished press Audio Recorder to stop the recording.

It will now be on your USB drive as a .wav file (TAKEXX.wav)

• Like 1

You can bounce your recording down to a wav file

- Put the song recorder in playback mode, and choose which song you want to bounce down to wave file

- Press Audio Recorder button twice so the light is flashing ready to record (with USB drive inserted of course)

- Press Start/Stop

Let your song play through all the way. When finished press Audio Recorder to stop the recording.

It will now be on your USB drive as a .wav file (TAKEXX.wav)

Thank you, Jared...I learned something new today!  :) 

Ok so I'm running into a problem. I did what you suggested and when I put my USB drive in my computer I could see the TAKEXX.wav file, but it says it's zero KB and I'm unable to open it...

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks again

EDIT: After reformatting the USB drive and trying again, I was able to save a file of 5.6 MB, but I'm still unable to open it and all programs say the file is corrupted. If I reinsert the drive in my piano and try to play it from there I get a "Wrong Data" error.

Ok so I'm running into a problem. I did what you suggested and when I put my USB drive in my computer I could see the TAKEXX.wav file, but it says it's zero KB and I'm unable to open it...

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks again

EDIT: After reformatting the USB drive and trying again, I was able to save a file of 5.6 MB, but I'm still unable to open it and all programs say the file is corrupted. If I reinsert the drive in my piano and try to play it from there I get a "Wrong Data" error.

Can anyone help me with this?

Akiak- Just to help with troubleshooting:: Can you try with a different USB drive?

Also you say you can't play back the file after removing it from the Casio.. are you removing it and then reinserting it right away and trying to play it? Or do you remove it, put it in the computer / remove from computer and then going back to the the Privia.... this is also useful to know for troubleshooting.

Please let us know!  :)

I tried with a new USB drive and it finally worked! Glad to know the piano wasn't the problem. :)

And for the record, even if I simply unplugged it and plugged it back in, it would not work, although some times I managed to keep 1 recording out of 5 or so.

Thanks for the help. :)