Anyone with a Casio Privia Px-850?

Danorganman

Posted this in the other forum but realized it'd be better here

Hey, I'm looking to buy a digital piano sometime soon. Thing is, whenever I look up these sorta keyboards online I can never find them playing the type of compositions i'd like to hear out of them. Beethoven, Chopin...etc 

It's usually jazz/modern type music, and that's not my sorta style. So I was wondering if anyone could potentially record a Beethoven piece ( one of his darker ones) on the 850 to get an idea of the type of sound it can produce.

Thanks for the help. ( also any opinions on the keyboard, i always like hearing thoughts)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello... if no one posts  here, you may want to post up a request over on the PianoWorld.com Digital Piano forums.. I know there is at least on PX-850 owner there.   :)

yeah it's kinda weird how few responses i've gotten. I'd think there'd be more 850 owners on a casio forum. haha

Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a try. Mike Martin may help me when he has time but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I dunno if you've seen this review already or not, and while it's more Scott Joplin/Boogie Woogie and Ray Charles than Bach/Beethoven/Chopin still it's a very thorough review with good sound quality.  It may help you in your decision.

EDIT:::

AHA!  I may have found exactly what you're looking for.

yeah it's kinda weird how few responses i've gotten. I'd think there'd be more 850 owners on a casio forum. haha

Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a try. Mike Martin may help me when he has time but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I am kind of surprised as well. We are working hard to get the word out about the forums so hopefully we will see more and more users. I know after Mike posted a link on the Casio Music Gear FB page we had A LOT of new users sign up - so we are making headway.  :) 

I have a 5S and I'm  pretty sure the samples and AiR stuff is the same as on the 850 - just the processing is different. I will ask Mike.... if there's a way to make the 5S identiical to the 850 I will be happy to make you some examples.  B)

I dunno if you've seen this review already or not, and while it's more Scott Joplin/Boogie Woogie and Ray Charles than Bach/Beethoven/Chopin still it's a very thorough review with good sound quality.  It may help you in your decision.

EDIT:::

AHA!  I may have found exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks! The second one is a bit more helpful.

I am kind of surprised as well. We are working hard to get the word out about the forums so hopefully we will see more and more users. I know after Mike posted a link on the Casio Music Gear FB page we had A LOT of new users sign up - so we are making headway.  :) 

I have a 5S and I'm  pretty sure the samples and AiR stuff is the same as on the 850 - just the processing is different. I will ask Mike.... if there's a way to make the 5S identiical to the 850 I will be happy to make you some examples.  B)

That would be great! I'd love to hear samples of that regardless, know any Beethoven? Not Fur elise though...something a bit more moody, maybe more dynamic too.

It's not even that It has to be the 850, I just can't seem to find these groups of keyboards playing the big compositions I loved to listen to growing up. So, if you can somehow help in that regard with your keyboard that'd be awesome.

Thanks! The second one is a bit more helpful.

That would be great! I'd love to hear samples of that regardless, know any Beethoven? Not Fur elise though...something a bit more moody, maybe more dynamic too.

It's not even that It has to be the 850, I just can't seem to find these groups of keyboards playing the big compositions I loved to listen to growing up. So, if you can somehow help in that regard with your keyboard that'd be awesome.

Just give a list of a few pieces you would like....I have some very dynamic MIDI files played by concert pianists that sound AMAZING on my PX-5S. I have just about every sonata so if you name few you would like I can make some recordings for you.  :) 

Just give a list of a few pieces you would like....I have some very dynamic MIDI files played by concert pianists that sound AMAZING on my PX-5S. I have just about every sonata so if you name few you would like I can make some recordings for you.  :) 

do you have Pathetique or Moonlight Sonata? Either or both of those would be great!