Casio Privia PX-330 seemingly will not record

sona1111

As per a suggestion by happyrat1, I am duplicating my topic from another forum to this one. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me resolve this.

I have the keyboard mentioned in the title which I have been happily using for a while now. Recently I wanted to record a left hand line and play over it. The manual told me to hit record until it blinks, play something, hit "start/stop" and then while the record light is solid, hit "start/stop" again to play back. This does not work, and I have tried every variation of this within reason. When the record light is blinking and I start playing, it looks like its working (the little orange and red lights around the start/stop button blink) but in "playback mode" (when the record light is solid) I can never get it to do anything. Am I missing something major or is it broken?

-Hitting Rewind after recording and then playing is also not working. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm reaching here-on page 26 in the manual there is a "part" function that allows for turning off/on left or right hand parts for use when playing live over a part that has already been recorded-I'm not sure this has anything to do with your difficulty recording but I guess it's possible one of these parts could be turned off and causing no sound even though you are recording correctly, although the "part" function apparently only uses channels 3 and 4 which I have discovered to be true using "Midiox" to monitor midi output.  And on page 41-there is a function for adjusting song volume-make sure this is turned up-as you can play live and hear the keyboard, but the recorded song volume could be turned down to zero, thus you would hear nothing recorded even though you will hear your live keyboard playing-again I'm just taking some wild guesses but as simple as the Privias may appear, there are many functions that overlap or "dovetail" and could affect each other without the user even realizing it as i am finding out. Hope this helps.