Zones in performance mode

Patrick Arend

I have a G1, which doesn't have the hexlayer mode.. but I do have the PX-5S, which lets you combine 2 hexlayers and 2 tones for a total of 14 layers. Very, very cool stuff possible. I just need to sharpen my sound design skills. Getting sounds to mix well like painting a masterpiece ... and I am basically at a finger-painting level!  :rolleyes:

I have a G1, which doesn't have the hexlayer mode.. but I do have the PX-5S, which lets you combine 2 hexlayers and 2 tones for a total of 14 layers. Very, very cool stuff possible. I just need to sharpen my sound design skills. Getting sounds to mix well like painting a masterpiece ... and I am basically at a finger-painting level!  :rolleyes:

I have to add that the G1 is limited to four layers but it allows you to craft a nice solo patch with .....drum-rolls....your own samples to the patch that alone gives it a wide expanding range :). It also means in my opinion and because I learned of this while trying to create a nice solo synth your not limited to the pcm alone basically the G1 can create infinite sound patches beyond what already on the G1.