PX Orbiting

Collaborative project with Casio's Mike Martin. Mike composed and performed the music, as well as designing the sound on the Casio Privia Pro PX-5S. I designed the ambient sound effects and produced the film using NASA footage and other public domain video. 

Headphones are recommended to catch all the nuances of the music and sounds.

Download Mike's Stage Setting for the PX-5S here:
http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/165-orbiting/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CegRCeEY_aI&feature=youtu.be 

• Like 2

It's nice, but I thought the speech and sound effects overpowered the music.  I'd also have stretched it another minute or two and taken the music track somewhere else if I'd done it myself.

Then again, if it was intended as something like say a 2 minute promo track for NASA or the Discovery Channel, then I'd have to say it was bang on the money.

It really depends on the intent of the clip is what I'm saying.

Interesting, nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing,

Gary

• Like 1

It's nice, but I thought the speech and sound effects overpowered the music. 

That is intentional... :)  . Notice as we explore further and future from the Earth the "chatter" gets less and less....but no matter how far out we get, the tech sounds are still there.....

The question asked by this piece is: How far into outer space do we need to go to get away from the chatter and beeps and blips of human technology???  The answer: More than 11 BILLION miles.... and growing at the rate of 38,000 mph..... B) 

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-voyager-postcard-20130913,0,2600886.story 

Thanks for listening and providing feedback... Musique concrete may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is meant to provoke.  :D

• Like 1

Pierre Schaeffer reminds me of the work of some Danish and Swedish sound artist way back in the eighties I remember it aired on Tuesday's forgot the names and material lost the cassette's with the recording  where I recorded it on but like Pierre it sounded other worldly such vibrancy depth and atmosphere. Stuff they did with violins was strange and synth like. Music like that I wish could here it again the only thing I remembered was a Swedish danish like name sound like Aoken.

Pierre Schaeffer reminds me of the work of some Danish and Swedish sound artist way back in the eighties I remember it aired on Tuesday's forgot the names and material lost the cassette's with the recording  where I recorded it on but like Pierre it sounded other worldly such vibrancy depth and atmosphere. Stuff they did with violins was strange and synth like. Music like that I wish could here it again the only thing I remembered was a Swedish danish like name sound like Aoken.

Akos Rozmann? He did a lot of that kind of music...

• Like 1

Epileptics banging garbage cans :D :D :D

Then again I feel the same way about Arthur Schoenberg and Anton Von Webern...  I just don't "get" the post modern, neo classical stuff even on a good day :D :D :D

Gary ;)

It can be very esoteric and downright disturbing. but the sounds are VERY interesting. With sampling and processing some very cool sounds can be made for special effects, film scores, etc... which is what I really like to do. I've always enjoyed doing sound effects and "Foley" type work... B)

Epileptics banging garbage cans :D :D :D

Then again I feel the same way about Arthur Schoenberg and Anton Von Webern...  I just don't "get" the post modern, neo classical stuff even on a good day :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Yes it can be *ahem* esoteric... I get, and even appreciate it, but it just isn't my taste in music. I do, however, think there is a middle ground where you can use some of those elements to make music more interesting - which is what I am attempting. Working on putting together some effects libraries for film and sci-fi...  B)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...