Phrase questions

doug44111

• 1 year later...

Hey guys , listen to the baseline :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5hkI5Hxliw . I have record this 6 notes baseline as a phrase , and with the loop on it sound alright but when I put this phrase in my Stage Settings there is a gap of a few measures missing before the loop is going further , like it has to rewind first ?

I like to get on my left hand this baseline ( 6 notes )looping when I play one note , so I can do other different stuff with my right hand on different zones. Sorry my awful language !

Any suggestions here are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

When you are in phrase record mode (the light is flashing) press the edit button. You can change the time signature here. Change it to 3/4 or 6/4 seeing as your bass line has six notes. Press exit back to the phrase record screen and change the end measure to 1 or 2 depending on whether you used 6/4 or 3/4 time. Now record your phrase again.

I have a feeling you might have left it on default 4/4 time and recorded 2 measures and so you were left with 2 empty beats in the last measure.

BTW in that edit screen you will also see an option to 'undo'. You can use this in overdub [OVDB] mode to undo the last overdub you made on a phrase. You can also hold the record button in overdub mode to do the same thing.

Hi,

I have set my end measure on 1 and when I listen to the recorded phrase of six notes they are played within that one measure. Then I save it and select this phrase as an  arpeggio within a Stage Setting. As soon has I hit my org. note 

my phrase of six notes is played but instead of a continious loop there are a few blanc measures before my phrase is played again. I don't know how I can solve this ? Any help is welcome.

When you record the phrase, once the blue lights are flashing (as you pressed the phrase button twice) how do you then start the recording off? Is it by pressing the first note of your phrase or perhaps you are pressing a pedal or pressing the record button a third time thus causing a time delay?

BTW if you press the SYS setting button, you can scroll down to phrase options and turn a pre-count on. This works when you press the record button to start recording. It won't do a pre-count if you just use a key to start the recording.

Can you perhaps upload your phrase and I'll take a look at it if you are still having problems?

Sorry, yeah, it is 4/4 time with some notes played on the half.

I was able to record it successfully by keeping the time signature set to 4/4 and by setting the end measure to 1 and quantize to the first option after 'off'.

You could record it in 4/8 time and speed it up as don't forget you can press the tempo button to increase the tempo on phrases or arpeggios.

See what you think:

Who'She DC2K.zip