Video Files on Forum ×

Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition File for XW-G1

tnt2gamer

I wanted to be able to use my Casio XW-G1 in Cakewalk as well as my XW-P1, so I built a Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition File based on the one Mike Martin did for the XW-P1.   B)   You can download it here.

Casio XW-G1 INS.zip

I tested it with a 4-track MIDI file setting two tracks to synths, and two tracks to drums, and it seems to work well. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

-Sheldon Sims-

• Like 3

I re-uploaded the XW-G1 Instrument Definition File after fixing the name of the GM Harp sound (P180, Program 46, Bank 0).  Excel automatically put in the name GM Harpsi. while I was typing, and I did not catch it.  It is fixed now, though.  All of the patch names should be correct.  ;)

• 1 year later...

You should upload this file directly to the XW uploads section so it won't disappear with the thread over time.   Likewise it should be uploaded to the Casio Mailing lists and any other repositories you can think of.

Multiple redundancy is always the best possible backup.  Spread the file far and wide and it will always be searchable on Google.

Gary ;)

• 9 months later...
Hello, 

My DAW is Cubase. 

When I get a midi instrument, I do my Patch Script (LSB, MSB, Program Change). 

Next month I'll receive my XW-G1. So, waiting it, I'd like to prepare the XW-G1 Patch Script but when I read the tone list... I can't see the LSB. 

Where can I obtain this information ? 

Thanks a lot,

Xavier-Joseph from Reunion Island.