Video Files on Forum ×

Opinion about the step-sequencer.

Hello:

CASIO had the great idea of creating a synthesizer with built-in sequencer. It has been a great invention - and it remains-.

It helps to enjoy this synth. My opinion on the sequencer is that it is very good and very easy to use.

And I open this post so that other users leave your opinion. I'm curious about this topic. I'm thinking of buying the XW-G1.

Greetings and have a good day.
Edited by David

I love the step sequencer, especially for making drum and bass tracks. The G1 is great because you can load in your own samples and play them with the step sequencer, too. Of course this means new drum and percussion sounds, but it also using other cool sounds as well. I really like what "Art of Noise" did with sampling back in the 80s so the G1 makes it fun and easy to do stuff like that. :)  

• Like 1

Hi David, I am using my xw-p1 in a studio recording inviroment. Even though I record most stuff in real time over a metronome, or a midified drum step sequencer beat, I also really like the step sequencer for creating strange, cool music I  would not have otherwise been able to create. Also I like to create a step sequence around phrase's. I am currently saving up for the xw-g1. In my opinion, the xw's and the px-5s are among the best synthesizer's in the world. 

• Like 1

The step sequencer is the XW's secret weapon. It can be useful even if using such a thing, especially live, is not normally your cup of tea. Ignore the nine tracks of sounds and use just the four control tracks. Think of them as four parallel programmable waveforms that can control pretty much anything, including obvious things like volume, pan position and filter cutoff but also unobvious things like envelope times, effect parameters (ANY effect parameter), LFO parameters, most solo synth parameters (through the mod matrix or through NRPN), even the step sequencer's tempo and the type of arpeggio. If a parameter can be controlled by MIDI and/or is assignable to one of the knobs it can be controlled by the step sequencer.

• Like 1