Newbie--headphone question

Hi, New memnber and fairly new keyboard player. I am enjoying my new WK7500, but find that when I use the headphones the volume is quite muted. Is this normal or do I have a problem.? Im using the headphone that came supplied with an 1/8 to 1/4  adaptor.

Also I have not been able to line out or plug into an amp or pa. How do these sound in a band setting and which way seems best.?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

wk7600 owner, my phones are Ok, but I have another queastion

I have connected speaker monitors Alesis 520usb  to the wk7600 but the wk volume knob wont control the monitor volume?

I have my wk7600 usb into my laptop, and the Alesis usb into my laptop as I use vst pluins to play live, the computer sees audio input as the wk7600 and output as the Alesis monitors

Surely thru the wk volume knob ahould control the amps thru its midi message??

yeh thks for yourinput.  the wk7600 will control volume when connected directly to external monitor amps using its own L and R  outputs and thankfully it leaves its own built in speakers on.

As you say I cannot control the volume from my vst's from the wk7600,  only thing I do is turn the volume to max in the lap top and then use the volume control on the monitor.  It has some degree of volume control however by selecting the key touch to no1 or 2 and then varying your finger action when playing.

HELLO ALL

I MUST correct all the conversations concerning midi data control transmission on wk7600

I am running vst's from UVI host via usb midi and usb into an audio interface.

At  first I could not control volume for the vst data using the keyboard so I had to keep altering the levels either in the comp program or direct with the monitors

This is no good for realtime players, so guess what I decided to read the midi implementation data downloaded from casio web site.

This clearly states that volume control transmission is available by using control no 7 ( preset in wk7600) and USING THE DRAWBAR SLIDERS.

SO I put the wk76 in drawbar mode and then checked my vst software which allows me to attach controllers ( sliders, knobs etc) to midi data control numbers.

HURRAH,SUCCESS, ONLY IN DRAWBAR MODE DOES THIS WORK, the sliders become full of midi control data, and the master slider is used to control volume control no 7, ie just like a midi channel assignment, the silder is attached to control 7 msb volume.

I now can control volume thru external monitors using vst plug in patches

This immense because it opens up the keyboard completely, I have all the patches from dx7 ( Whitney Houston ep ) SY85's tx7's playing in realtime on my wk7600 ( strings are THE BEST EVER from sy85 ) and for Xmas carols this time of year its just great.

The other sliders normally used for flute footage in drawbar mode also affect other controller parameters, filters etc.

All I can say is READ THE DATA MANUALS AND KEEP TRYING====

So you can control one midi channel's volume from the master slider while the other sliders are sending different control change messages? Good to know. I've been trying to find a way to control volume internally with my PX-350 for varying levels when I record multi-channel arrangements, but without software. If I connect the WK to the PX-350, i may be able to control those volumes with the sliders, I will try it and see what happens. I also am fooling with an old Evolution UC-33 midi control box and Enigma software to control my Casios. Learning sysex, MSB, LSB and CC messages is a whole different language, especially for my old brain. Thanks.

Hello Jokeyman

Some midi data cannot be transmitted by wk7600, and some data maybe not accepted by the px350 ( I don't have a px ) As u know the wk is only a simple keyboard really.

Concerning the midi channel volume controls, this can only be done with the sliders when the wk is in drawbar mode ( as far as I have tested ) and utilises  the right hand slider "master".

If you are in normal voice modes the layer and split buttons set up their own midi channel,  ie,  the layered voice is channel 2 and the split voice is channel 3 so provided you have selected any of these choices you can layer and split the keyboard to transmit midi data to external sound modules or another synth etc, You must then set the external module to receive data on the same channels to allow you to hear the external voicing whilst playing the wk. There is a function in the wk menu that will allow u to turn wk internal voices off "local control on / off ) so then you just hear the external map.