Video Files on Forum ×

Downloads Organization

jimmyjames

Let me start by expressing my thanks, first, to those that established and maintain this site and, second, to those who have contributed downloads of many different types and varieties. 

As to the latter, I would just throw out there that the Stage Settings Downloads section has, perhaps, grown too large for its current organization.  Here are a couple thoughts if you might consider streamlining it.  Many of the Stage Settings in the Downloads section are really tone-based.  For these, it would be great to be able to categorize these by instrument type.  Suggested categories for these would be 1) AP's, 2) EP's (including Rhodes, Wurlis and Clavs), 3) Organs and 4) Synths/other.  I am betting this will cover up to 80% of the posted Stage Settings.  Then, there are 5) multi-tone and/or arpeggiated settings to create an overall controllable dynamic sound across the keyboard and 6) others with different tones assigned to different portions of the keyboard to cover the multiple keyboard/synth parts in a particular song, for example, the "1901" setting I posted a few months ago.  Anyway, anyone posting a setting could be required to select one of these six categories for their setting as part of the posting process. 

I know that you can search by tags, and this helps, but us posters have not really been consistent in the use of monikers for this purpose.  Anyway, just a suggestion, especially to help those who are newer to the PX-5S and want to selectively add to their Stage Settings library without having to slog through, now, over 100 posted settings with many more to come I am sure.

Of a bit more of an editorial (and selfish) nature, I would love to see more Stage Settings developed that have the keyboard arranged to play cover songs that have multiple keyboard parts, again like the "1901" setting.  I wish I had more time, as I would work on some.  Out of curiosity, how many of you out there are using the PX-5S in cover bands? Would having a library of song-based Stage Settings would be useful?  Any particular song suggestions?  If any of you do and have developed settings for this purpose, I would encourage you to post them!  Thanks!

• Like 1

I am still waiting for the PX-5S to arrive in the UK. But a library of song-based Stage Settings would be useful. This an area where, in my opinion, the Kurzweil PC3 and Yamaha Motif range excel. There are a huge number of song specific sounds already programmed or available  for purchase as libraries. This saves a huge amount of time when preparing for corporate functions,  weddings and to a  lesser extent stage shows/musicals as a lot of the sounds required are already available. 

With regard to specific songs, This was started/covered in this thread:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4239-song-ready-stage-settings/