Video Files on Forum ×

Step sequencer editor.

It would seem that the sequencers are terra incognito in the XW synths. As far as i can determine the MIDI implementation document doesn't reveal the detailed organization of the sequencer data in memory, at least not as completely as you would need for creating an editor. It must mean something that the existing PC/Mac editor can edit everything EXCEPT the sequencers. 

• Like 1

I might have thought that once as well, however, the latest 1.1.2 version of the P1 Editor can import MIDI tunes as phrases so now I'm getting the impression that Casio is holding out on us.

If you can import phrases then why not arpeggios and step sequences and why not be able to edit them on a graphical computer screen instead of playing pokeity poke with two doze buttons and a 5 line LCD screen?

Likewise, customized sequences can be stored in the user banks so really it's just a matter of some programmer at Casio actually sitting down and creating a usable sequence editor that would liberate us from screen cramp.

• Like 1

Actually you can in fact download arps and sequences and phrases with the 1.1.2 editor.  I just double checked.

If these paramters can be downloaded and uploaded and saved to the keyboard then there really should be no trouble involved in creating a simple editor for the step sequencer and arp that conforms to some sort of standard musical notation.

• Like 1