Scott Hamlin

Casio Sightings

Thanks Scott, that appeared to have done the trick! (I edited my post like you said and now the video is shown).

Happyrat1, I did just past the raw Youtube URL in my original message, and it just showed up as a clickable URL when posted    :huh:

Vince Clarke (of Depeche Mode/ Yazoo/ Erasure) on UK TV series 'Rock School', showing how to sequence a song using a Casio CZ1000 as a master keyboard!

And in part two, at the very beginning, check out the top right of the screen behind the presenter -  looks like a Casio CZ1!

The infamous VL1/ VL Tone makes an appearance with Depeche Mode. Very early TV appearance on British show Top of the Pops with the band playing their new single 'New Life'.

Check out 0.16, 0.50, 2.40 and you can see one in front of Martin Gore's Yamaha CS, and there's another that Fletch 'plays' a melody on just prior to the middle eight at 1.26!

#32:

It is true. The synthesizers only with the cord from the wall outlet? :huh:  I understand that the VL-1 does not have cable because it has a built-in speaker. ^_^

And check out how badly Fletch appears to be 'playing' his Moog Prodigy! He's hitting multiple random notes at once (on a mono-synth?!) that bear absolutely no relation to the song. Apparently, all these years later his 'playing' is no better...!

I think I'm breaking the rules, but in the interest of shameless self promotion, I offer this 'movie'.  If there are any objections, just pull the post.  Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVanDsWmjw8&feature=youtu.be

Oh I think that is fine, being Christmas and all.  :) 

I edited the post to embed the movie into the post.

Great playing Mark! 

Oh I think that is fine, being Christmas and all.  :)

I edited the post to embed the movie into the post.

Great playing Mark! 

Thanks for your help and indulgence, Scott.   The PX-5S acquits itself proudly.  And it makes the 2 block walk to the car in 3 degree weather a lot more palatable.