Casio Sightings

• 2 weeks later...

One of the boards is a DX7 (@6.39), there's an Oberheim above the Casio, and there's also what looks to be an Emulator/ PPG Wave type keyboard (@12.49 - with the big disc drive - possibly 5.25"!) The Casio, impossible to tell exactly which model as it's not easy to see, though it's one of the bigger CZ's. Therefore it's either a CZ 3000, CZ 5000 or a CZ-1.

One of the boards is a DX7 (@6.39), there's an Oberheim above the Casio, and there's also what looks to be an Emulator/ PPG Wave type keyboard (@12.49 - with the big disc drive - possibly 5.25"!) The Casio, impossible to tell exactly which model as it's not easy to see, though it's one of the bigger CZ's. Therefore it's either a CZ 3000, CZ 5000 or a CZ-1.

That was one nice rig back then... actually that would be one nice rig today!

• 1 month later...
Don't know if this one's been added to the list, sorry if it's duplicate. It's just ironic how I saw it last night, and I just noticed this topic. From the movie "Down Periscope". I don't know which model but, it's a Casio alright.

I can't seem to share the clip on these posts for some reason but here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fNaQS3vDQc4#t=102

post-2648-0-30740100-1395573722_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Not exactly a sighting but more like a "I heard it"...

McDonalds famous old Filet-o-fish singing fish commercial.... in the US at least.  The beat provided by a Casio SK-1 or a similar Casio.

Here's the new 2014 filet-o-fish commercial.  Any guesses?   Still a Casio?   Something else?  

Fishey, Fishey! Wait, that's the McBites...

Minor correction.....Fishy,  Fishay!  

BTW.  YungGoat, are you licking a 2 wheel miniaturized, motorized cycling contraption?  :huh:

LOL! and... Yes... I thought it was a giant, shining, vrooming, peach, errr apple. Peaches are normally soft when you bite into them. I may need a visit to my dentist... Or doctor-someone who can help me distinguish between the two.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A very good friend of mine, Roi, is the main man behind the wonderfully eccentric musical outfit known as Mechanical Cabaret. Last week he did a gig at an electronic music night event known as 'Dirty Contacts' (in north London) and he borrowed my Casio VL1! You can see some pictures of him playing it in the Facebook album I created :-)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152904588079762&type=1&l=181dd82a8e

post-2103-0-12782900-1399559235.jpg

post-2103-0-12782900-1399559235_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Very kewl indeed, but what the hell's with the Satan's horns, Heavy Metal salute at the end of the video?  Does Rudess have an ulterior motive?  Does playing these chord sequences open the gates to hell??? :o :o :o

Enquiring minds wanna know :D

Gary

Well I tried these chord out I did not see a gate or any atmosphere of red sky and fire but it sure got a bit cold in the room .. :rolleyes:  hmmm wonder why  :lol:  :lol: