Casio Sightings

Awesome Joe! Hey whatever happened to RP???  Loved his work with "Power Station"

*off to WikiPedia...

EDIT: Oh man.. I had no idea he died 10 years ago.  :(

I only found out recently too via one of the Duran Duran biographies. From what I gather, RP really did live up to his 'lounge lizard' image and was quite the hard partier. It caught up with him eventually :(

As for the Casio in the video, there' quite a good shot of the back of it @ 2.55. With all those 1/4" line outs on the back panel, I'm almost certain it's an FZ1, especially seeing as the song/ video is from 1988, which is when the FZ1 was available. It doesn't look like the back of any of the big CZ's, nor VZ1, nor HT6000. There were quite a few pop videos from this period with the FZ1 in it as it was a very accessible and affordable, plus a damn good sampler keyboard too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

134166_320.jpg

From a  "Sweet Valley High" episode...

Manny: *plays a tune on his Casio keyboard*
Enid: Manuelo, I'm in the mood for something blue.
Manuelo: *winks and plays the same song on his Casio keyboard with a different background beat*
Enid: Can't you play something else? ANYTHING else? 
Manuelo: For you babe, I'd crawl through a buffalo pasture. How about something with a little samba beat? 
*plays the same tune with a different background beat*

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...