Casio Sightings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From youtube:

"Young man comes across the synth of his childhood. Absolutely nails the demo-track."

Edit/added:

This looks to be a Casio Tone Bank CT-670, and im not 100%  shure the guy is really playing it but it looks legit.

Below is a good demo as well.

Larry

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's Kim Wilde's cover of "Keep Me Hanging On" on Peter's Pop Show in 1984, according to the title. The guy on the left seems to be pretending to play a Casio CZ1 or CZ5000, but didn't those come out in 1985?

I'm pretty sure the CZ3000/ 5000 models were released in 1985, and the CZ-1 was released in 1986. The year 1984 in the video description is incorrect as Kim Wilde's version of the song wasn't released until 1986:

""You Keep Me Hangin' On" was covered in an updated version by British singer Kim Wilde in 1986. It was released as the second single from Wilde's Another Step album (although "You Keep Me Hangin' On" was the LP's first worldwide single, as the first single had been released only in selected countries)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Keep_Me_Hangin%27_On

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...