Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Sightings

Another notable Casio classic keyboard sighting! The Movie MASTERS of the UNIVERSE! The destroyed music store scenes where Teela and Gwildor? get up from behind the counter and there is clear as day, a Casio CZ230S and next to it a MT210. The MT210 is used by the protagonist who is a synth player and Gwildor to play the portal opening tune that transports them back to Eternia and indeed it IS the Casio MT210 that is played. Funny.. that Casio does NOT sound as good as the movie portrayed lol! But it is fun to see one of keyboards I owned featured in this movie along with a brief cameo of the CZ230S just sitting there on top of the counter, untouched and looking so fine!

Edited by pianokeyjoe
corrections

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Ijomne said:

Casio MZ-X300

Not sure what Casio this is

Same Casio

Casio MZ-X500

Casio MZ-X500

Casio MZ-X500 again

Casio CTK-7200

Casio CTK-7000

Casio CTK-6250

Casio CTK-4400

Casio CTK-3200 as well as a bonus Yamaha PS-55

Casio CTK something. Not sure which model

Casio WK-6600

Casio WK-1800

Another Casio WK as well as an accordion

Casio CTK-811ex

Casio WK-7600

Thank you for sharing your work. You blended the two instruments beautifully.

• 4 weeks later...

Not so much a sighting as a mention. The Rick Beato YouTube channel interviewed Stuart Copeland of The Police, and it appears that the song "Spirits in the Material World" was inspired by a rhythm in a little Casio keyboard!

• Like 1

I've made a YouTube #shorts video to try and clarify what Casio keyboard might have been used by Sting, because in the Rick Beato shorts video above, they showed a Casiotone M10. The M10 has no rhythms or drums, so it can't have been the keyboard used by Sting as Stewart described him playing the built in rhythms! I've also just read an online article Music Radar article stating that the keyboard was an M10, so no doubt this incorrect information could spread very quickly!

More importantly, another fan of Father Ted are you? So many hysterically funny episodes. "I Shot JR" shirt -Father Ted, I killed a man..... "You don't believe any of that stuff do you Ted? What stuff Dougal? You know, the afterlife and all that....

FreeVee is running all the episodes, one of the few comedies I can watch over and over. I guess one could forgive Stewart Copland for getting Casios mixed up, if he did. Damn fine drummer, he. Liked to tune his kits up high pitches to get that nice Reggae sound.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 6:30 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

More importantly, another fan of Father Ted are you? So many hysterically funny episodes. "I Shot JR" shirt -Father Ted, I killed a man..... "You don't believe any of that stuff do you Ted? What stuff Dougal? You know, the afterlife and all that....

FreeVee is running all the episodes, one of the few comedies I can watch over and over. I guess one could forgive Stewart Copland for getting Casios mixed up, if he did. Damn fine drummer, he. Liked to tune his kits up high pitches to get that nice Reggae sound.

Yup! Love Father Ted! Brilliant series, and still so very funny. "Careful now. Down with this sort of thing"! 😂

Not sure who's to blame for showing a picture of a Casiotone M10 in the Rick Beato Shorts video, as I don't recall Stewart mentioning the actual model name in the interview itself. Then Music Radar picked up on it and starts "revealing" that it was an M10 used by Sting after seeing it in the Rick Beato video! This is how misinformation gets embedded into the public conscience... A similar thing happened when Anthony Marinelli used a Casiotone 401 for the Michael Jackson Thriller "Frog" sound. Even though Anthony did state in the Part 1 Frog video that he believed that there was another Casio keyboard with the Frog preset used on Thriller, far too many people only watched the first part and were now firmly convinced that it was a 401. Even though Anthony followed up with Part 2 making it very clear that it was an MT60 that was used on Thriller.

Still, thanks to Music Radar linking to my M10 YouTube video in their online article, my video on YouTube got a nice boost in views! 😀

• 1 month later...

TV appearance of DEVO promoting their single "Jerkin' Back and Forth". Mark Mothersbaugh has an M10 strapped to his arm (probably the same M10 he was seen with in the "That's Good" promo video), and Gerry Casale I *think* is using a brown/ woody version of the MT30.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Mark Mothersbaugh-created all that great music and sound fx for the PeeWee Herman show on TV back when. Great use of his custom samples and synths. I'd have to look up what he used in the 80s.

He also has a collection of weird and wonderful customized/ circuit bent devices among his large collection of synths!