Scott Hamlin

Casio Sightings

It's actually kinda sad 

It's extremely sad!   My WK-1250 flooded in a hurricane and no longer works and I've been wishing it still did.   The one they destroyed was probably in good shape. A simple swap with me would've been sensible.   Hey, maybe some of the parts inside are still OK!   I just need the PCB's.  Anyone know the number to WWE?

Considering the fact that they destroy Rolls Royce's, Hummers, Limo's, and expensive musical instruments (not just digital pianos), I'd consider it good press that they only pick well-known names!  To me, it looked like an empty shell anyway (just the case, no electronics within).  Credit Jimi Hendrix and Pete Townsend with starting the whole "destroying your instruments" on stage.

I am way late to this thread and way late to be posting this particular video. I don't even know if it's a Casio, since I'm not very familiar with their keyboards that do these kinds of things. But my first thought always assumed that it was.

http://youtu.be/VFfXqz1h5AY

(It's a link because they won't allow embedding.  :angry: )

Joe, It will embed if you hit the little special bb code box and choose media. 

Anyway,  That is a classic and I love it but I'm not sure that's a Casio.   I think it's a Yamaha PSR. 

Ahh ha!!!  Brilliant!  Thanks for explaining Alen.  It appears to work but doesn't.  New personal rule.....always check to see if these things thoroughly work before making a fool of myself.  

One of the boards is a DX7 (@6.39), there's an Oberheim above the Casio, and there's also what looks to be an Emulator/ PPG Wave type keyboard (@12.49 - with the big disc drive - possibly 5.25"!) The Casio, impossible to tell exactly which model as it's not easy to see, though it's one of the bigger CZ's. Therefore it's either a CZ 3000, CZ 5000 or a CZ-1.

One of the boards is a DX7 (@6.39), there's an Oberheim above the Casio, and there's also what looks to be an Emulator/ PPG Wave type keyboard (@12.49 - with the big disc drive - possibly 5.25"!) The Casio, impossible to tell exactly which model as it's not easy to see, though it's one of the bigger CZ's. Therefore it's either a CZ 3000, CZ 5000 or a CZ-1.

That was one nice rig back then... actually that would be one nice rig today!

Not exactly a sighting but more like a "I heard it"...

McDonalds famous old Filet-o-fish singing fish commercial.... in the US at least.  The beat provided by a Casio SK-1 or a similar Casio.

Here's the new 2014 filet-o-fish commercial.  Any guesses?   Still a Casio?   Something else?  

Don't know if this one's been added to the list, sorry if it's duplicate. It's just ironic how I saw it last night, and I just noticed this topic. From the movie "Down Periscope". I don't know which model but, it's a Casio alright.

I can't seem to share the clip on these posts for some reason but here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fNaQS3vDQc4#t=102

post-2648-0-30740100-1395573722_thumb.jp

Not exactly a sighting but more like a "I heard it"...

McDonalds famous old Filet-o-fish singing fish commercial.... in the US at least.  The beat provided by a Casio SK-1 or a similar Casio.

Here's the new 2014 filet-o-fish commercial.  Any guesses?   Still a Casio?   Something else?  

Fishey, Fishey! Wait, that's the McBites...

Minor correction.....Fishy,  Fishay!  

BTW.  YungGoat, are you licking a 2 wheel miniaturized, motorized cycling contraption?  :huh:

LOL! and... Yes... I thought it was a giant, shining, vrooming, peach, errr apple. Peaches are normally soft when you bite into them. I may need a visit to my dentist... Or doctor-someone who can help me distinguish between the two.