Casio Sightings

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Promo video for British band Keane's come back single "The Way I feel"  (bloody brilliant it is too!)

Spotted to the left of singer Tom Chaplin - a Casiotone CT403!

2030788600_CT403-Keane-ThewayIfeeli.thumb.png.0e102c3e9b80deceaec7977eac4a9367.png1868178284_CT403-Keane-ThewayIfeel.thumb.png.e13248ab47a0544d32e7805632b63b78.png67528249153014anam.jpg.d0994c7794dc30ed0d7b61620f97f9b7.jpg

Original Video:

Bonus Points:

Vintage Yamaha PS20 being played by keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley:

PS20 - Keane - The way I feel ii.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, Brad Saucier said:

@XW-Addict  Excellent sighting!

I don't want to cloud this thread with another one of this kind where its actually played this time,

Honestly I was baffled how this Privia cuts through the mix on stage......... 

(can I change the other one replacing it where its played Brad) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It looks like I`m on the right place. Want to see CASIO music instruments on action:

CASIO AZ-1: Roger Waters - The Berlin Wall 1990

CASIO CZ-101: Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

CASIO VZ-1 & CZ-1: Kim Wilde

CASIO HT-3000: Kim Wilde

CASIO AZ-1: Sandra (Live concerts at 1989)

Cannot identify CASIO model: Kim Wilde, 1986

CASIO VZ-1: Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back

CASIO Cosmosynthesizers RACK: Isao Tomita

CASIO CZ: Carlos Santana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV7rHO5cupg

CASIO FZ-1: Robert Palmer

CASIO FZ-1: Kitaro

CASIO XW-P1 & G1: The Crystal Method

CASIO VZ-1: Laza Ristovski & Aleksandar Lokner

CASIO VZ-1: Hari Mata Hari around 1990 (You will see very short CASIO VZ-1 at the official album promotion)

CASIO Privia Px-560 & XW-P1: Kristian Terzić

Also CASIO synths also were used by Vince Clark, and occassionally Jean Michael Jarre

• Like 2

Great spots @Dejan G! 👍

The Kim Wilde Schoolgirl/ You Keep me hanging on Casio is almost certainly one of the big CZ synths (3000/ 5000 or 1) seeing as the video is from 1986. The shape certainly looks like a CZ, and those were the biggest synths that Casio offered up until the FZ-1 came along in 1987.

Bonus spot in the second song of the Kim Wilde video, another keyboard is being played to the right of the stage. Front panel layout almost certainly indicates a Korg DW8000 (looks identical to mine).

Oh yes, camera man getting very carried away @04.11! 😱😂

• 2 weeks later...

Another Casio spot within this video!

The guitarist is playing an ultra rare Casio PG380 MIDI guitar. The very distinctive bank of switch controls (and its head-stock)  identify it 100%. Looks like Kim Wilde must have had some kind o Casio sponsorship going on around this time?

PG380 Kim WIlde You Came.png

PG380 Casio.jpg

10 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

These guitars show up on ebay once in awhile. Not cheaply either. Looking over today-yikes, several around 1000 US dollars-wre these any good, are these worth that kind of dinero?

IIRC, they were built by Ibanez and branded with the Casio logo. They were exceptionally well built guitars, and they were from the CZ, FZ and VZ era when Casio were really pushing the high quality and substantial build ethic. They were really trying to establish the Casio brand as pro level, but sadly they gave up on the pro level gear by the turn of the 90s and went back to concentrating on more consumer grade instruments.

Not so much a visual spot, more of a mention in an interview.

However, it appears that the huge selling Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas?" charity single was originally written on "a little Casio Keyboard"! 

No mention of the  exact model, but being "little" and in 1984, it was probably one of the MT or PT series of Casios.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/unlikely-tale-know-christmas-ok-song-became-something-much-better-actually-224449457.html

Band Aid Casio.jpg

• 2 weeks later...