V1.11 firmware update

AlenK

And what should WE do? WE - who updated the Firmware and got nice bricked device? I'm not alone here - at least 3 owners have the same issue. Silent Casio is not a good solution. They want to have great sales and market share with new P1&G1 products, that's fine, I understand theit business goals and aiming. From another side, potential buyers should know how Casio treats customers if firmware suddenly kills their toys :)

So 3 or 4 users have experienced a bad flash.  Out of approximately 1000 users who are registered on this site as well as the hundreds of guest visitors who have not yet bothered to register or speak up.

I realize you're upset and it's a big deal if it hapened to you, but Casio may not even allow Mike or Jared to express any opinions on this matter at the moment for legal liability reasons.

The fimware page is still undergoing renovations while I'm sure Casio's engineers are trying to figure out a best solution and foolproof future upgrades.

As for those who have sent their keyboards back for repair, none of them have reported back yet as to whether or not they were charged a service fee for repair or not.

So ranting and screaming at Mike and Jared who have to jump when Casio tells them to get ready for NAMM and really have no official status on this forum to begin with is futile and hardly a constructive solution to begin with.

Neither of them writes the company's policies.  That's the lawyers' and accountants' jobs and you can't expect them to write checks with their mouths that their asses can't cash.

likewise it's premature to jump down Casio's throat on this one as well.  I know for a fact that machines purchased in North America and registered on their website have warranties extended for 3 years.  I'm not sure about the situation in other parts of the world, but it's already been said that at least one of those failed flashes you mentioned was a second hand purchase and totally out of warranty.

I'm certain Casio's people are working hard on the problem and it's only a matter of time before they let the involved parties know what the bottom line is.

Until then, don't expect Mike and Jared to bail your fat from the fire every time there's a glitch.  They're marketing people, they're musicians, they're publicists and producers of tutorials.

Don't expect them to act as tech support and RMA managers as well.  Not when their jobs depend on putting on a good show at NAMM in two months.

Just chill and see what Casio's head office has to say about your bad flash and whether or not your warranty covers it.

If, and ONLY IF Casio comes back and says this is not covered by any warranty whatsoever, THEN you have a right to bitch.

Until then it's a wait and see game.

Typically manufacturer RMAs can take anywhere between 2 and 8 weeks depending on the company and where it has to be shipped to so cut a little slack until you know for certain whether or not this is going to cost you.

Gary

• Like 1