Video Files on Forum ×

Is CASIO preparing something?

I wish it was a little sampler big enough for the shelf's on the XW's and px-5s, a sampler with little mini key's that would double as pad's. Slightly better than cd quality sound, midi, little sequencer, lighted key's(pad's) , battery or electric powered.  like the korg volca's. It's Probably not a little sampler. Im surprised some company hasn't made a sampler like this. Korg did sort of , but it was to big and to pricey. and there was no storage to sd card.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Martin continues to be mostly absent from the forums other than posting a file here and there. Certainly no discussions or answering of questions. Which means he is still unusually busy.

We'll just have to wait for NAMM to see what he's been up to. :)

• Like 1

GSH: G-SHOCK - Special to withstand the harshest environments. Shock, splash, cats, firmware upgrade, etc. Pure titanium casing.

FXCP: New screen. Includes FX-CP400 technology for more precise calculations. High-Resolution Color LCD, Powerful Graphing Functions, Large Touch Panel.

ZR: Includes integrated camera so you can send your pictures to your friends (facebook, CASIO Music Forums, etc.). It has used the same technology as the EXILIM EX-ZR1200 for optimum results in your concerts. You just have to worry about enjoying your music. Forget pictures!

Tablet: The new CASIO XW-GSH-FXCP-ZR-1-Tablet integrates powerful V-T500 tablet. LCD Screen 10.1" CASIO can be used both with multi-touch hand gestures as with a digital pen. This allows work quickly hand and record details and signatures noted. For point of sale applications can be accessed with the stylus to those contained in the need without using fingers. In working with WLAN 802.11 a, b, g and n. It also has Bluetooth ® connection 4.0/LE.

Feel the power in your fingers and ears. 4 in 1. They have merged the XW-P1, the XW-G1, the PX-5S and VL-1!

Edited by DAVID
  • Like 1

Mike Martin continues to be mostly absent from the forums other than posting a file here and there. Certainly no discussions or answering of questions. Which means he is still unusually busy.

We'll just have to wait for NAMM to see what he's been up to. :)

Sorry guys, I'm always busy.  Always working on my primary job as GM of Marketing but also all kinds other support items, videos, ads, as well as lots of travel.  I'll try to stay on top of the forum more. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe Casio are about to re-issue the CZ-1, with real time slider controls for all parameters (like Roland did with the all digital JD800)! Or they are going to re-issue the HT6000, again with real time controls for all parameters, with the eight analogue filters able to go into self oscillation, and an octave drop key to finally give this strange and underrated analogue/ digital hybrid board some much needed bass!

Then again, I'm finding that I am getting all the sounds I need from my XW's, it's capabilities are far greater than my abilities! An update of the XW would be amazing - I wonder what the next model will have?

• Like 1

Maybe Casio are about to re-issue the CZ-1, with real time slider controls for all parameters (like Roland did with the all digital JD800)! Or they are going to re-issue the HT6000, again with real time controls for all parameters, with the eight analogue filters able to go into self oscillation, and an octave drop key to finally give this strange and underrated analogue/ digital hybrid board some much needed bass!

Then again, I'm finding that I am getting all the sounds I need from my XW's, it's capabilities are far greater than my abilities! An update of the XW would be amazing - I wonder what the next model will have?

1lzh.gif

• Like 3

I like your profile picture Chas.  Where'd you find it?  It looks just like the vinyl dust cover that came with my Casio in 1989! :)  

I found it on my camera Brad, after I took a picture of the vinyl dust cover I have covering my XW-P1!

I don't know where the cover was originally from, I got it with one of my many (used) Casios - I can't remember which one! It's a perfect fit for the XW's though! It has 'C-47' underneath the large 'O' in  'Casio', I assume that's the product number. Wish I could find another like it for my G1.

• Like 1

Just before we go back to speculating on Casio's next monster synth, here's a picture of my genuine Casio vinyl dust cover (moved onto my G1 for clarity). It's very slightly too big, though it fits well. I wish I knew what it was from and how I got it! The size it is suggests it would fit my CZ-1, CZ 3000 and VZ-1 though I don't remember it coming with any of those when I bought them. 

Anyway, BEHOLD, the Casio C-47 dust cover in all its glory, and a perfect fit for the XW series!

post-2103-0-67212500-1387164211.jpg

post-2103-0-67212500-1387164211_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Here's my blurry pic of the C-29.  Not quite enough to cover the XW-G1.   :(

post-1490-0-54695000-1387210364_thumb.jp 

Now, to keep this post on topic:  I think that Casio is definitely working on something drool worthy just because they seem to be more serious these days, picking up where they left off with the MZ-2000.   But don't expect it anytime soon.  I think 2015 or 2016 will be the earliest we see a major new release considering that this year saw the PX-5s.   The WK's/CTK's are getting long in the tooth, so I expect they are on the drawing board right now while the XW's and PX-5S continue to putt putt along growing in popularity.

Check this out.  The XW's were made out of the same chassis as the CTK-6200.   So if history is any indication, when you see the new CTK's appear you will be looking at a hint at the new XW's.

post-1490-0-39478200-1387213093_thumb.jp

• Like 1

If I would guess the next Casio could be an extended or improved WK or CTP serie as a teaser. Well the XW series and PX5S came as an surprising Casio hit after several years absent from the synth market. I'm guessing if Casio does their market study right and go forward on the their impressive sounds and action the latter doesn't matter as the quality of what they produce and the price that go's with it are perfectly balanced as always.

Still I want more DSP , arpeggio's , after touch , velocity switch control I already love the knobs and controls almost everything can connect to the XW-G1.

still I agree with someone else on this forum the midi CC lacks information for effects and what not but the NRPN partly suffice as of yet I don't know how far that reaches still scratching the surface.

Performance mode is wicked cool, Once figured out that the step sequencer might be programmable by midi on the fly i'm going to be hooked on Casio for life. 

Edited by XW-Addict
  • Like 1

I'd love to see the P1 or, better yet, the G1 released in a rack module format.  The problem with adding gear is usually space and having multiple keyboards tends to be costly in terms of rack space and redundancy.

I mean I'd love to add a G1 to my rack but my available space simply does not permit it.

If the P1 and G1 or the PX-5S came in rack versions I'd surely pick them up.

Gary

• Like 1

If the P1 and G1 or the PX-5S came in rack versions I'd surely pick them up.

Gary

I definitely second that Gary. I have something like 15 Casios, from the little VL1 right up to the big boy XWs, CZ, VZ, MZ etc. Space is now seriously compromised as I simply do not have the room to keep them all in one place, plus it's a pain to have to literally lug some of them around just so I can change around my set up. To have them all in rack form, all midi'd up, would be a massive bonus. 

• Like 1