Is CASIO preparing something?

I definitely second that Gary. I have something like 15 Casios, from the little VL1 right up to the big boy XWs, CZ, VZ, MZ etc. Space is now seriously compromised as I simply do not have the room to keep them all in one place, plus it's a pain to have to literally lug some of them around just so I can change around my set up. To have them all in rack form, all midi'd up, would be a massive bonus. 

One cool idea would to be what Roland did with the Legacy Collection for the Jupiter: Basically have ALL the tones and beats from all their classic keyboards available on one KB or even a module.. heck I bet you could even do it as an iPad app or VST.   B)

• Like 1

Next year we all expect updates range of digital piano. I think that at the NAMM show a prototype, but not fully prepared sounds like it was this year with PX-5.

Like many readers of this forum would like to see a model that would combine the most popular sounds of instruments issued Casio for 30 long years. Of course first of all it should be tools of the first decade.

• Like 1

One cool idea would to be what Roland did with the Legacy Collection for the Jupiter: Basically have ALL the tones and beats from all their classic keyboards available on one KB or even a module.. heck I bet you could even do it as an iPad app or VST.   B)

That would be a fantastic idea Scott! There are already emulators for the CZ's, the HT's and even the VL1. Most classic Casios could be emulated pretty well via software, so even though not perfect they'd give a good representation of those old Casio classics. Imagine having VL1, CZ1, VZ1, FZ1, HT6000, MZ2000, SK1, MT400V, CT403, CT202, CT1000P etc. all in one board, all able to accept data for respective patches, all capable of MIDI etc. I'd buy one of those in an instant! 

• Like 1

Chas, we'll create an MZ-2000 download section if we have enough members to share files for that board. 

I'm certainly up for that Brad. The MZ2000 has so little support online, a shame as it appears to have immense potential. A knowledge base would be good as I'm often struggling to get my head round some of its features and capabilities. Plus the synth section has already given some amazing sounds. I somehow paired two oscillators together with Moog style sounds and ended up with a fat monster patch, with the filter velocity sensitive and with after touch! I'd love to be able to share knowledge with other owners and unlock the potential of this hugely underrated board.  

• Like 2