Atualização do XW-P1....

Luciano Almeida

I can't help with the problem but here's the google translation.

Friends good night ....

After upgrading my XW-P1 noticed a sound user hexlayer Antartica .... sound epic full of classics vigorous drums and choirs, I loved since I heard, disappeared .... can someone help me recover this beautiful sound??

grateful

Hi Luciano,

That particular patch came from Patrick Wichrowski, You can download it again from here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/14-new-sounds/page-2#entry1002

You'll have to unzip it first. Probably the easiest thing to do to reload it into your XW is to put the .ZLT file (which is the Hex Layer patch) on an SD card in a directory called MUSICDAT. Stick the card in the XW and follow the instructions on page E-77 of the user manual. You get to choose which Hex Layer user memory location in the XW you want to put it into.

Instead of an SD card you could use the Data Editor on a PC or Mac, assuming you have a computer hooked up to your XW and you are comfortable using the editor (which is very useful).

You can also load two other files in Patrick's zip archive, one a Performance and the other a step sequencer file, both of which would help you recreate Patrick's homage to Vangelis' "Antartica". Be sure to listen to his excellent SoundCloud track.

I didn't realize that updating the firmware would re-initialize all the user memories (haven't updated to v1.11 yet). A nuisance but next time (assuming there IS another firmware update) just save the entire contents of the XW to the SD card before running the update and then reload everything back in afterward as described on page E-76 of the manual.

PS. David is right. You'll get more help here in English. I for one know only a few words of Spanish. I really should learn to speak it. :(

• Like 2

AlenK >>>  Google Translate indicated the original post was in Portuguese.

Wow. Tough crowd. Obviously I know so little of both languages that I don't even know the difference when I see it. Since David is from Spain and they were "conversing" I assumed that Luciano also spoke Spanish. I guess I forgot about the words "ass" and "me" in "assume".

• Like 1

Actually I'm just thankful that Google Translate does such a miraculous job of detecting and translating languages.

In the past I've used it for German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Czech, and even Mandarin with amazing results.

It's not usually a perfect idiomatic translation of foreign languages, but I have to say it's at least 90% to 95% accurate in getting your point across in a pinch :)

Compared to language translators I used back in the 90's it's come a hell of a long way :)

Gary