Video Files on Forum ×

Casio px-5s (we) song problem.

Crystal Prisoner

Hello. Ive bought a brand new casio px-5s(we) model not long ago, and its great.

But i have an issue:

when i record phrase for egz. in bass. i press play phrase, and everything looks good, BUT when im editing song, and add the phrase i recorded before (in egz. bass), the phrase plays in piano only! no matter if i used drums/bass/ electric piano/ etc. while recording.. when song, it ALLWAYS plays in piano ONLY! i dont really know what to do (i red all the manual and tried all i could think off)...

any ideas why? and how to fix it? help would be REALLY appreciated, thanks!

p.s. that thing in sys rec setting is on (dont remember what its called :/)

You'll need to edit the song mixer settings to assign the proper tone to the channel that the song track is using.  The different tracks in the song sequencer can be assigned to any of the internal 16 channels.  Once you find which channel the bass phrase is on then you can change the tone on that channel.  

BTW  Channels 1,2,3,4 are zones 1,2,3,4.  The song sequencer default is to use channel 5 thru 12.  

• Like 1

It really works! but still i dont understand how to use channels.... almost all channels that i set, play in the same tone (that i choose from the setting over channel setting), only one that is different is channel 10- it plays drums, and drums only... Can you please explain? i got my casio like 3 days ago, and i dont really know how to use it :) If you can, send me a private message :)

The PX5S conforms to the GENERAL MIDI standard.  The GM standard dictates that channel 10 be used for drums only.  You'll find that to be a common thing among all midi gear.  

The channels all set a default sound as piano.  You'll have to assign each new channel the tone you desire as you build your song.  

Any more questions are more than welcome here on the forum.  This gives an opportunity to help others who might read this.