Privia PX-5S - Cubase Patch Script

Mike Martin

File Name: Privia PX-5S - Cubase Patch Script

File Submitter: Mike Martin

File Submitted: 14 Nov 2013

File Category: PX-5S Other

This is a patch script for Cubase which contains the tone list for the Privia PX-5S and all of the appropriate bank and program changes.

• Mac OS X
    "/Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Cubase/Scripts/Patchnames"
  • PC Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8
    "System drive \Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase\Scripts\Patchnames
  • PC Windows XP
    "System drive \Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application data\Steinberg\Cubase\Scripts\Patchnames

In order to get to the folder on Windows you may have to enable the view for hidden folders in your control panel.

Once the text file is in place, go the Devices menu in Cubase. Choose the MIDI Device Manager and choose Install Device. Choose the Privia PX-5S from the list and you're all set.

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you Brad for this help. By the way when I have a saved project that used your MIDI installation patches for PX55S, everything is working except if the keyboard already has another selected patches on its midi channels. In this case ( I am using Cubase) I need to go to each midi in Cubase and select the patch again that send this message as MIDI to the keyboard. So basically at the start up of Cubase, the MIDI patch changes does not send to the keyboard. Anyone has the same issue? Perhaps it is related to a setting in Cubase. I have the same problem with CC messages in Cubase that does not send it to the keyboard