Video Files on Forum ×

Cakewalk / Sonar Instrument Definition; PX-5S

Mike Martin

• 6 months later...

Hi Martin,

I've testet this definition today with the notation composer3, but there will be not recognized any instrument.

Therefore I've did look at the content and did see, that the controller-section is that from the xw-p1 and not from the px5. Then  I analised the file with the tool ins-file-checker from http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=91&Itemid=80 and did trial-by-error until there where no mistakes. But then no bank does the right tones - it is not useable.

There is now the question, how to get the right ins-definiton, because it would be great to use the full potential in cakewalk-compatible programs.

• 9 months later...

Hi Martin,

Thanks for Cakewalk / Sonar Definition Tool for PX-5S.

I opened the file "Casio Privia PX-5S.ins" in notepad, find the section of the controller and change the "0 = 0 Bank Select MSB" to "0 = 112 Bank Select MSB" :

.Controller Names
[Casio XW-P1 Controllers]
0=112 Bank Select MSB

Cakewalk and Sonar works with banks of PX-5S now.

For Cakewalk:

Select "Instruments..." in "Options" menu,

Press "Define...", "Import...", select file "Casio Privia PX-5S.ins", press "Open", then "Close". Select one or more Port/Channel destination, then click on an Instrument (Casio Privia PX-5S, or other), press OK.

Need select '"Bank Select Metod -  "Controller 0" for instruments of PX-5S in window "Track Properties". If select "Normal" - for instruments of GM.

Sorry my english.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 29 March 2015 at 1:32 PM, altrie said:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for Cakewalk / Sonar Definition Tool for PX-5S.

I opened the file "Casio Privia PX-5S.ins" in notepad, find the section of the controller and change the "0 = 0 Bank Select MSB" to "0 = 112 Bank Select MSB" :

.Controller Names
[Casio XW-P1 Controllers]
0=112 Bank Select MSB

Cakewalk and Sonar works with banks of PX-5S now.

For Cakewalk:

Select "Instruments..." in "Options" menu,

Press "Define...", "Import...", select file "Casio Privia PX-5S.ins", press "Open", then "Close". Select one or more Port/Channel destination, then click on an Instrument (Casio Privia PX-5S, or other), press OK.

Need select '"Bank Select Metod -  "Controller 0" for instruments of PX-5S in window "Track Properties". If select "Normal" - for instruments of GM.

Sorry my english.

Hi Altrie

How did you calculate the correct value of 112?

I'd like to understand this better.

Also, is the PX-5S using bankselmethod=1 or bankselmethod=controller 0,  as I noticed that you mention needing to select controller 0 in Cakewalk?

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...