Locking cover

PianoManChuck

What I'd really, really, really like to see on a future Privia is something with a locking cover.  It could be something as simple as smoked plastic that hinges on the back, covers the entire top (buttons, knobs, keys, etc) and offers a locking mechanism (ie: add a padlock).  I use Privias for gigs and frequently have gigs that are 3-4 days in a row at the same place (sometimes for weeks at the same place).  Rather than have to load/unload from the car, and setup/breakdown from the performance area, it would be nice to just leave it there so that when I come back the next day, its all set and ready to go... just needs to be unlocked!  I'm sure people at home with cats, toddlers, etc, would also have use for this!  But without this feature, I can't see leaving the Privia set up anywhere, as curious minds (and hands) with food in one hand, drink in the other, would be the mice playing while the cat (me) is gone!

• 1 month later...

You must play in some pretty nice places. Most of my gigs if I left anything from my rig overnight I'd be lucky to see it again next time. I'd have to bolt it to the floor and maybe even then.......But then again, alot of my gigs were in NJ! Thanks for the Youtube posts..were very helpful and consequently went for the PX-350 and am not disappointed. Beats my older stuff by a mile.