Gender Poll For XW Owners Only

Null

30 members have voted

1. 1. If you own a Casio XW Series Synth Answer the Following...

• I am Female
    • I am Male

I guess that makes us the biggest sausage fest since the first dungeons and dragons convention :D :D :D

I can't really say that I'm surprised though.  The XW is not exactly what I'd call a "breakthrough in feminine design."

I'd be willing to bet money though that plenty of ladies own privias though probably not the PX-5S which again was designed with "guy appeal" in mind.

I think female musicians are more concerned with simplicity of control and getting the job done with finesse unlike the menfolk who just love all the glittery knobs and sliders. ;)

Gary

• Like 2

Well it the male/female ratio holds true across all synth models (of course, there are some very notable exceptions). We certainly welcome the ladies to join in. There are a couple of women in the PX-5S group who are really outgoing and fit in just fine. There's not any "no girlz alowded" sign on our clubhouse: all are welcome to participate. :)  

• Like 1

Hehehehehehehe...  :D  For my next poll I should ask how many XW owners have a girlfriend/significant other :D

Nah...  Too cruel :D :D :D

I am VERY fortunate. My wife fully supports my keyboard collecting.. up to a point. Casio's are NO problem; affordable and easy to move around. THIS is where she draws the line.. I wanted to build something like this and she drew the line:

427916_10151679747210607_661685606_24276

• Like 3

I am VERY fortunate. My wife fully supports my keyboard collecting.. up to a point. Casio's are NO problem; affordable and easy to move around. THIS is where she draws the line.. I wanted to build something like this and she drew the line:

427916_10151679747210607_661685606_24276

That thing (whatever it is) doesn't have nearly enough sliders.  :D

• Like 1

Speaking of mad scientists of electronic music... :o

The first experiments with a vocoder in 1928 Bell Labs and Early Speech Synthesis The Voder 1937 electronic synthesizer 1948 and the IBM 7094 first talking computer in 1961 to sing the song Daisy Bell swing with programmed accompaniment now we take it all for granted sound sampling mash-ups re mixing in house programing electro dance tribute homage to the pioneers

• Like 1

That's freaking amazing.  It's like watching Fred Flintstone speech synthesis in reverse.  All using the harmonics of an acoustic piano.

We truly live in an age of wonders and I am ecstatic to be alive to see all of these technologies.

Gary

I can see it now: legions of adoring Nora the Cat fans paying to see her in concert, with sales driven by Ellen DeGeneres on her show. "Go see her, folks - she's amazing!"  (Would have been Oprah a few years ago but her crown has been passed.)