Video Files on Forum ×

Split on PX-5s

Naftali

I got a problem on my Casio PX-5s. I can't find the split function on my piano. I just want to putt a specific sound on the right part of the piano and an other on the left part. I don't find anything in the tutorial and on the internet. Does anybody can help me please?

Please, forgive my english, I'm french.

Thanks to all!

The four zones on the PX-5s can be split among the keyboard or layered.  To do that you'll be editing a stage setting and set the zone KEY RANGE Low and Hi.  The easiest way to visualize it and set the split points is in the data editor.  The keyboard on the data editor screen has the zones represented in lines where you can drag the end points of each zone.  Don't forget to save your new stage setting when done.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The thing about the vids on splits, yes they r good, but all I want to do is simply change the sounds in the splits.

The vids talk a lot about changing split points, ok, fine..they r fine where theyre at..I simply want to replace say, zone 1 has ac bass, replace that w/an electric bass, zone 2 has E Piano, I want to replace that w/an AP, adjust the vol, then save. I have a better understanding of it with an idea how to do this, so I will give it a try.

No where that I can find says, "on splits, 1st we will put the sounds u want in their respective spots, then we will adjust the split points"..

The vids show Casio's splits...How about a simple section called "How to create your own splits....from scratch"?

No split button? Fine, 1st u do this then 2nd do this. Sounds simple to me.

With my hectic schedule, it certainly would help.

Hello,

To the left of the screen are '+' and '-' buttons.  Whenever you have a stage setting selected, pressing these buttons switch between the different zones.  You can see which zone is currently selected by seeing a Z1, Z2, Z3, or Z4 in the display window.  If you have a stage setting where you like the split point, choose a zone with those + and - buttons, then use the instrument selection panel that has all of the different banks for the various tones (piano, electric piano, guitar/bass, various synths, etc.) .

Under a particular tone category, use the '+' and '-' keys ON THE FAR RIGHT side of the display window.  This will select individual tones under the category.  If you want to save the new setup with the tone in the selected zone for that stage setting, press the [Write] button and follow the prompts.

In a list, the process is:

1. Choose the stage setting you want that has a split in the right place.

2. Choose a zone to change the sound on with the + and - keys to the left of the display screen

3. Choose an instrument group

4. Use the + and - keys on the far right side of the display to bring up the instrument you want

5. Do steps 2-4 for other zones you want to change

6. If you are happy, save the stage setting using the [Write] button.

• Like 4

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and to the point direction on the split procedure.

Sir, you are a gentleman, a scholar, and a nice guy.

Have a great day.

PS: I owe u a beer, or whatever beverage u may partake.

• Like 2

You are both welcome! 

One thing, you don't have to save the stage setting, you can just play with what ever instruments you choose at any given time - just realize that if you don't save, your selections won't be held if you switch stage settings.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Can i turn on and off the zones while playing .I want to start a song intro with  piano sound playing through entire keyboard and then split the keyboard quick to bass in left and piano in right for 1-2 seconds without affect the  quality of performance? 

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...