Post your Gear Pics Here...

Null

Yeah the JD8000 is awesome. So. Many. Sliders. 

That's a synth I'd make room for (a JD-800, although I wouldn't sneeze at a JP-8000 or the bastard-love-child-that never-was, the JD-8000 :D). But the D-50 with a PG-1000 would be almost as good. Whereas  a D-10 with a PG-10 (which I never did get) is not. 

For anyone wondering what you can do with a D-10, which can be picked up for a song nowadays, these videos show it to good advantage IMO:

(Yes, this uses a D-20 but they have exactly the same synthesis capabilities.)

PS. One more that demonstrates sound effects:

]

And another video with a cover of Duran Duran's "Is There Something I Should Know?" done entirely on a D-20:

• Like 3

After you upload the pic, press the My Media button and find the pic to insert.

ps. The change jar is a nice touch!  :)

Another method is to upload the pic, preview the message, then copy the URL of the thumbnail in the preview and then place it between %7Boption%7D tags

Another method is to upload the pic, preview the message, then copy the URL of the thumbnail in the preview and then place it between %7Boption%7D tags

I tried all the above. Using the insert Media option I still get a thumbnail. Trying to put the image URL inbetween IMG and /IMG gets me this error:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

This is what I tried : ( '[' amd ']' replaced by '{' and '}' to enable the text to be posted here).

{sharedmedia=core:attachments:151}

{attachment=151:DSCF3127i.JPG}

Thanks for your help Gary, I think I sussed it! The problem appears to be that when copying a web address it is automatically converted to a hyperlink. Using 'paste as plain text' stops this, and it then allows it to be posted with the img and /img properties. Now, how do I delete posts?!!!

I tried all the above. Using the insert Media option I still get a thumbnail. Trying to put the image URL inbetween IMG and /IMG gets me this error:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

This is what I tried : ( '[' amd ']' replaced by '{' and '}' to enable the text to be posted here).

post-2103-0-08793100-1386554543.jpg

{sharedmedia=core:attachments:151}

{attachment=151:DSCF3127i.JPG}

That's what I just did here then pasted the location then with no additonal spaces in between.

it's definitely square bracket img close bracket url then square bracket /img close bracket, all lower case with no additional spaces.  And the URL has to be text not a hyperlink.

Gary

• Like 1

Well in Firefox I simply use the "copy link location" from the right click menu but I'm glad you worked it out.,

As for deleting the other posts, we should leave them stand for the next person who encounters this problem.  You'd have to ask a mod to delete them anyway.

Glad you figured it out though :)

Gary

EDIT >>>  BTW, it might be a good idea for everyone to scale down their images to 1280x1024 or smaller before uploading them just so they don't blow out the margins on smaller screens when you click on them.  ;)

Brilliant piece of kit, wouldn't be without it

Upon actually hearing it in action several of my muso buddies have gone and purchased one, including people who can already sing brilliantly .

And no the compression is not noticeable ( wouldn't even notice if there was any) and the auto correct won't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear but it's certainly effective whilst being completely stealth in its operation.

Thanks for the comeback on the Mic Mechanic.  I passed on your comments to the other person and you pretty much made another sale :)

Gary

Re making pictures larger, embedding the URL of the uploaded picture within an img /img pair does work but this seems to leave a thumbnail that can't be removed. Perhaps there is no way around that other than storing the image somewhere else.

In any case, this is a call to Scott. Can you work on making this easier to do? Or at least posting the procedure in a FAQ? And include while you're at it the correct way to embed URLs to YouTube videos so that they show up as pictures. I still can't figure out why that didn't happen the last time I did that (earlier in this thread). 

• Like 1

Sure.. I upload my pics at http://tinypic.com .. then I right click on the picture and COPY IMAGE URL. Come here, click the image button in a post (below the SMILE GUY, to the left) and paste the URL there.

For YouTube... press the SPECIAL BB CODE button (top rown, third from left), select MEDIA and paste the video URL in the big box that says MEDIA URL (no need to put anything in the dimensions box).

Just post the video URL in the post: hit or miss.. don't know why. The above method seems to work 100%

Re making pictures larger, embedding the URL of the uploaded picture within an img /img pair does work but this seems to leave a thumbnail that can't be removed. Perhaps there is no way around that other than storing the image somewhere else.

In any case, this is a call to Scott. Can you work on making this easier to do? Or at least posting the procedure in a FAQ? And include while you're at it the correct way to embed URLs to YouTube videos so that they show up as pictures. I still can't figure out why that didn't happen the last time I did that (earlier in this thread). 

As far as the thumbnail goes, I believe it's impossible to get rid of unless you host the pics offsite.  Personally I find it a minor annoyance and don't see any great need to eliminate them if it involves a major rewrite of the forum software.

As for the Youtube videos, I believe you can force them to display by using tags that work the same way as the %7Boption%7D tags.

Okay, you can see I successfully edited the video links. But it didn't work out quite as described. Using media tags or the BBCODE button (which end up doing the same thing) worked only for the first two video links. The third stubbornly refused to show a picture until I REMOVED the media tags from it. It also worked if I inserted "" before the second video and the opposite (which I can't type here or it won't show it!) only at the end of the third, as I expected. So there's something funny about the forum software for sure. But at least we can work around it. 

• 3 weeks later...