Post your Gear Pics Here...

Null

I figured I'd start a thread where we can all post images of our Casio and other gear.  I know we're all proud of our equipment and love the opportunity to occasionally show it off to an appreciative audience.

And now you have definitive proof that I personally have more gear than talent :D :D :D

Gary :D

post-14-0-82562100-1431911313.jpg

post-14-0-10016400-1431911356.jpg

post-14-0-24492300-1431911391.jpg

post-14-0-55962000-1431911480.jpg

EDIT >>>  BTW, you might want to scale down your images to 1280x1024 or smaller for people who have smaller screens, just so you don't blow out their margins when they view your pics. ;)

post-14-0-55962000-1431911480_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-82562100-1431911313_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-10016400-1431911356_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-24492300-1431911391_thumb.jpg

Edited by happyrat1
  • Like 3

Behold.. The Pentagon...
2mi5izc.jpg

Casio PX-5S
Casio XW-G1
Yamaha DD-55
Roland FA-76
Roland D-50
Weber WG-60
M-Audio Keyrig 49

BOSS BR-800
Roland KC-110 Amp
Lava Lamp
Various other small sound toys...

Not shown (need more stands):  :rolleyes: 
Ensoniq SQ-80
Yamaha DJXII

The fam heads north in a couple weeks and I will be baching for a few weeks.. plan on setting up my whole rig and making some sonic mayhem. Will post some more pics then.  :P 

• Like 7

Color me relieved.  I thought *I* was going overboard by wanting to add a Waldorf Blofeld to my rig come the post Xmas sales :D :D :D

Very nice setup indeed.  Does your wife slide your food in thru the cracks? ;)  BTW, is that chrome X stand under the Casios set up reversed?  Where do your knees fit under that rig?

Gary :)

No the stand is is the right way - otherwise with the top tier in you wouldn't be able to reach the bottom tier. I am usually standing at this station so knees aren't an issue.. If I sit I have a tall barstool so my knees don't extend in that much. 

Yeah.. I like me toys, but before this year,  I  haven't actually bought a new synth in about 10 years.. that piano set me back a bit but worth it. When the EMP pulse hits, I will still be able to make music. 

That's one of the many thing's I love about my XW-P1, sometime's I take it outside, sometime's in the day, sometime's at night. I live way out in the country, and I just get lost in the phrase sequencer. I look up at the star's and start recording, or look at the tree's and blue sky. At night the xw light's up the darkness.  

• Like 1

As posted else where here is my current "gigging set up"

Casio PX 350

Casio XW-P1

1980,s Peavey KB60 twin channel amp with spring reverb

Six channel Behringer Mixer

TC Helicon Mic Mechanic

Hercules KS120B double braced X frame with Hercules extension tiers.

Mapex Drum Throne with sprung back rest.

Not shown

Ipad 4

Behringer XM5800 mic

post-16-0-20634800-1386358380_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Someone in another forum was asking me about the Helicon Mic Mechanic but I couldn't answer him because I have the Voicetone Synth instead.

He was asking if the compression was noticeable and if the autotune was effective or not.

Gary

Brilliant piece of kit, wouldn't be without it

Upon actually hearing it in action several of my muso buddies have gone and purchased one, including people who can already sing brilliantly .

And no the compression is not noticeable ( wouldn't even notice if there was any) and the auto correct won't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear but it's certainly effective whilst being completely stealth in its operation.

• Like 1

My current set-up. Nothing expensive, nothing exotic.  The P1, a Roland D-10 (vastly underrated), Squier strat and a Mustang II amp. The D-10's audio output is routed into the P1's line-in for mixing while the P1's output goes to the stereo system for monitoring and/or to a laptop for recording.  There is USB between the P1 and a laptop (or an iPad) and 5-pin MIDI OUT/THRU from the P1 to MIDI IN on the D-10.  The music stand sometimes holds the iPad when the iPad isn't controlling the P1.  The mic can be connected either to the P1 to apply its processing or into the amp, which has line-level and USB audio out, for acoustic recording (which I haven't done seriously yet).  I originally bought the D-10 in 1988 and never bothered to sell it.  It's not exactly a classic but aside from an SK-5 (not shown) it's the closest thing I have to "vintage."

post-1631-0-56501400-1386564237.jpg

post-1631-0-56501400-1386564237_thumb.jp

• Like 3

So here's my "iOS" setup. XW-G1, iPhone, iPad and BR-800. This is my "Studio  B", a.k.a. the kitchen table. I actually like this set-up better; it's much easier to sit down and just experiment for a few hours. In this instance I am running a Theremin on the G1, string quartet via Garage Band on the iPhone and an evolving soundscape with Alchemy on the iPad. 

This is one of the reasons I don't "hard wire" all my stuff together.. I like to mix and match and try new combos to spark some creativity. 

jsou38.jpg

• Like 4

Hello:

I watch videos of the Roland D-10. I like it. B) I like the A61 Native Dance Pt 2 preset.

Isn't the Roland JD800 based on the D10/ D50? I'd LOVE a JD800 - all those sliders and real time controls giving it mad science fiction type sounds, it's like the Jupiter 8 of digital synths!

Here's my junk room, er, I mean studio! Yes, it needs a damn good sorting out, especially as I have an XW-G1 heading my way next week...

Two keyboards on the stand - top is a Casio MZ2000, bottom is the XW-P1. On the XW's rubber pad is a Behringer Eurorack UB802 mixer.

Big'ish keyboard on its side and facing the camera is a Casiotone CT410V (full size keys version of the MT400V). This is the Casio with the onboard analogue filter with real time controls!

Next to this are two keyboards on their sides with just their backs showing. One is a Casio CZ101, the other is a Casio HT700.

At the very front of the picture you can see three small Casios stacked together. One is an MT65 (white), one is an MT68 (grey), and the smallest is a PT80.

And just behind the XW is a Line 6 Spider III guitar amp.

This is just a small selection of my somewhat excessive keyboard/ musical equipment/ guitar/ bass collection, though suffice to say the XW and MZ look to be making themselves a permanent fixture! 

post-2103-0-08793100-1386554543.jpg

post-2103-0-08793100-1386554543_thumb.jp

• Like 3