Post your Gear Pics Here...

Null

Hi Steve,

Nice set-up. Love that gold(ish)-colored XW-P1.

Your posts about the XW-P1 on other forums before this one was created were instrumental (pun intended) in my decision to pick this keyboard up (a "boring" colored one, unfortunately :)).

Seeing that you have both an XW-P1 and a WK-7500 I wanted to ask you if the differences in the user interfaces between these two models has ever caused you any difficulty, considering that similarly placed keys get used for different things? I posted "A Plea for UI Consolidation" here a while back to discuss that but given the response (or, rather, the lack of it) perhaps I am the only person here who thinks Casio should unify the UI and the way sounds are organized as much as possible across new models.

Cramped but still workable till weather warms, then back to garage

I see your using one of the new Sony HiFi Systems.  Is it the MHC-EC919IP?  I was looking at all of the variations of those systems as a possible addition to my setup.  Does it have any latency?   I have a Philips system that is not great for use as keyboard monitoring because of latency.  How's the sound quality?

BTW.  I see a few of us here have the Behringer Xenyx 802.   :D

It's the happening thing to have your watches match your keyboard. :D  But I don't worry about syncing them as you can see. 

it's amazing the range of watches Casio has (just like with keyboards!). They range from about $12 all the way up to $850 or so.. and everything in between. I think it's a cool way to accessorize your synth.. like Brad said, you can find colors to match your KB and, being on the wrist, are very visible when you play. 

• Like 1

I'd like to play the matching watch and synth game too!

Here's my G1 with my trusty, matching (sort of) Casio DW-280 Divers Watch. I've had this watch since approx. 1996/7, and it's only just on its second battery. It's been all over Europe, the USA, Canada and Mexico, plus it has been in the Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic, the Mediterranean, English Channel and North Sea. It's also been bashed, dropped and scraped yet still it works and keeps good time.  Been through a few straps over the years (they eventually disintegrate). Even the back-light still works. Casio engineering at its best!

post-2103-0-62958600-1390962322.jpg

post-2103-0-37083600-1390961761.jpg

post-2103-0-37083600-1390961761_thumb.jp

post-2103-0-62958600-1390962322_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Me Three!!!  My stylish, and water resistant, all purpose, heavy duty, stainless steel Casio timekeeper with 10 year battery.  This is my second one.  I wear them for 10 years and then when the battery dies I just buy another one.  Attractive active wear for the man on a budget :D :D :D

post-14-0-29474000-1390963121.jpg

post-14-0-29474000-1390963121_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

BRADMZ:...I am using the Sony tied to my ASUS system which I use my Alesis QX49, under Mixcraft 6pro, on other system I tied a antique NSX-TR99 sound system using the input/output element as it gives me 200 watts..The sony was a "Walmart" deciding factor, they wanted to give it away for 40 bucks..Who am I to argue with a walmart clerk, I am very pleased with output and LATENCY is less than split second, even the NSX is so dam close I cant tell difference, normally I pipe out to the mixed then to my LINE6 AMP and so on....YES, I tend to like it loud and I want to feel whatever my keybrds give, the wife isn't to keen and closes her door, wait till I get my other LINE 6 amp and half stack...I just got in a MEMORYMAN w/Hazaria and tied it to XW and you have no idea what the sound and strangest reply through my sony then the Line 6 I got...I have to master the art to BEAT/DRUM creating and then we move on...Thanks for commenting....

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Nice set-up. Love that gold(ish)-colored XW-P1.

Your posts about the XW-P1 on other forums before this one was created were instrumental (pun intended) in my decision to pick this keyboard up (a "boring" colored one, unfortunately :)).

Seeing that you have both an XW-P1 and a WK-7500 I wanted to ask you if the differences in the user interfaces between these two models has ever caused you any difficulty, considering that similarly placed keys get used for different things? I posted "A Plea for UI Consolidation" here a while back to discuss that but given the response (or, rather, the lack of it) perhaps I am the only person here who thinks Casio should unify the UI and the way sounds are organized as much as possible across new models.

Hi Alen,

Regarding UI, I learned the WK-7500 first and had time to get comfortable with it and dig down into its sequencing features.  Not so with the XW-P1 - its purchase synchronized with a high level of travel and business activity which kept me away from my keyboards.

Therefore, I still haven't had a big block of time to dig into the XW-P1.  The UI is between the two is different and the XW-P1 requires a fresh investment of time and it's worth it.  Since I am comfortable with the WK-7500, I still plan to use it as my songwriting and sequencing board.  For now, the XW-P1 is utilized as a solo synth.

From a synthesizer perspective, the XW-P1 is a dynamite keyboard with tons of flexibility and great sounds.

If I don't reply quickly it's because I am either traveling, distracted and/or serving a client.  Thank you for the correspondence and your patience. 

-Steve Coscia

The wristwatch  photos are clever.  I gotta get one.

I had a white G-Shock that matched the PX-5S.. my 9 year old son "borrowed" it so he could be "G-shock brothers" with a school friend who has a G-Shock as well. Never got it back.  :angry: 

He did, however, find that awesome Casio calculator watch you see in the picture for for $10 on Black Friday... he gave it to me claiming it was even better then G-shock because it has more buttons.  :rolleyes: 

Anyway - I can really see you wearing this bad boy:  :P 

1346169791V013-12009-CLEAR-C-TAZ,9IN,54M

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-2690-0-23129300-1399684884.png

Casio XW-G1

Korg Kaossilator Pro

Korg Kaoss Pad KP3

Korg microSampler

Several free VST synths

Music Production Workstation (Windows XP):

Reason

Mixcraft 6 (also VST host)

Some old (MS DOS & Windows 98) sequencer applications I still use sometimes

VST host software

8 Channel FX Mixer USB

A couple more Mixers

A few MIDI controllers

A couple of microphones

Music Playback Sound System (under table XW-G1 is on):

250 watt amp (125 watt per channel)

125 watt stereo system speakers (left and right)

Powered 130 watt subwoofer speaker

Multimedia Production Workstation (Windows XP):

Create video (DVDs & files to upload to internet)

Create audio (CDs & MP3 files to upload to internet)

Print out CD/DVD labels

Print out CD/DVD cover inserts for the plastic cases

32" TV (also computer monitor) with A/B switch to switch between use by music production & multimedia production computers

post-2690-0-23129300-1399684884_thumb.pn

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Early Christmas present from the Mrs.  :D :

1zq5w5k.jpg

Tascam DP-32: 32 track digital recorder (20 stereo, 12 mono), SD card storage, CD burner, built in effects - it's a beaut! Just testing it out with my various keyboards individually before wiring everything up. Very nice little unit - I paid as much for a 4 track cassette portastudio 20 years ago It's a great time to be a musician! 

• Like 5