Video Files on Forum ×

Post your Gear Pics Here...

Null

Finally got rid of the tiny piano. Due to real estate issues (I can't afford to add a music room..yet) I must divide and conquer. Here in my small office room, surrounded by a guitar rack with an assortment of string instruments, 4 digital recorders an old TEAC 3340 and 2 drum pad controllers (a KAT and SDMP1) plus an assortment of wind instruments I managed to shoehorn in my XW-P1, on top of my Equinox, which is on top of Ensoniq MR76. I also have three bookshelves of fakebooks and other paraphenalia just offstage.

eupnbt.jpg

Now here in the family room I prop my PX350 on a kludged rack so I can shnooker my old Yamaha SY77 under it. What you don't see is my collection of vinyls underneath all this, and assorted spare computer things.The cabinet weighs a ton but I yank open the doors and use it to prop the PX350 at a suitable height. I so dislike carpal tunnel syndrome. I designed it just for this. I can always use it for firewood if I need to. the seat is from my final Casio......below

6tlr46.jpg

This is next to my bed...yes my wife is unbelievably patient with me. this also comes in handy as a nightstand for snacks and gives me something to trip over when I have to get up at 3 AM...I'll leave the rest to your imaginations.

691ctj.jpg

All in all, the best part of having a wide distribution network is that when I wander around from room to room and forget why I went there in the first place, I can always sit (stand) and play some music. By the way, my 3-tier A-frame stand is in the drumshed off-site, where my lonely old Ensoniq TS-12 sits next to a dizzying amount of drum and percussion stuff. I can't even get in there to play anymore. And I've sold alot of stuff lately, this is what's still left over! Life is good. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have one of those little toy Reveal Musicstar keyboards. But I forgot where it is. It's much easier finding the big stuff at my age. Thanks for visiting.

• Like 2

I admire your wife's loyalty and self restraint in that she hasn't covered your keys with doilies and flower vases yet :)  Even more so that she hasn't already filed for divorce. :D

Re, the third pic.  Is that circa 1970's melamine fake wood panelling I see there in your bedroom?  Do you own the place or rent if you don't mind my asking?

I remember when my dad panelled our entire basement with that melamine stuff when I was a kid back in the 70's. :)

Otherwise though, great collection of keys that you have there.  Like you, I always try to have some sort of ivories to pound on whenever inspiration strikes, no matter what room I'm in.

Gary ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2013 at 1:02 AM, Scott Hamlin said:

Behold.. The Pentagon...
2mi5izc.jpg

Casio PX-5S
Casio XW-G1
Yamaha DD-55
Roland FA-76
Roland D-50
Weber WG-60
M-Audio Keyrig 49

BOSS BR-800
Roland KC-110 Amp
Lava Lamp
Various other small sound toys...

Not shown (need more stands):  :rolleyes: 
Ensoniq SQ-80
Yamaha DJXII

The fam heads north in a couple weeks and I will be baching for a few weeks.. plan on setting up my whole rig and making some sonic mayhem. Will post some more pics then.  :P 

Yes, the lava lamp to add that "70's lava warmth" to your mixes.

Also handy when you need to shave in the studio! :)

Less is more, and it always has been to me, even when I had *more*, but not by too much!
Pictured:

CASIO WK-1350, A nice pair of KOSS 20/20 Headphones, ZOOM H1 Handy Recorder and a broke down TEAC Dual Cassette Unit. With my laptop, and AUDACITY, this is basically the "way I roll."

Back in 1990, during the era of "not by too much", I had the following:

Tascam Porta 05 4 Track Studio

Teac Dual Cassette ( when it was still fully functioning )

Hitachi Six Head Hi-Fi VCR
Alesis-
MMT-8 Sequencer

SR-16 Drum Machine

Micro Verb

Micro Limiter

Casio CT-670.
In the glorious, hi-tech, low cost, NOW, all I need is the CT-X500 and maybe a software advance to Mix Craft 8.

Arne Studio Casio.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just got a new keyboard-stand (K&M Omega, great and very sturdy), so I can now play my MZ-X500 and Microarranger together and do fast solos without being afraid of them dropping to the ground:

IMG_20180725_162951606_LL.jpg

These two I use the most at the moment but I also have many more keyboards:

Yamaha Reface YC

Roland RP-301 digital piano (I use this with Pianoteq-software)

Casiotone MT-68, MT-70 and MT-55

Casiotone PT-1 and PT-20

Yamaha Portasound PS-2 and PS 400

Yamaha Handysound HS-200

Plus Korg Monotrons and a couple of ukuleles. 

• Like 1

No more wood paneling. I moved. Now its worse. I'm so ashamed of myself. Add the PX560, and I still have everything else. I posted a pic of the PX560 with a new cover elsewhere. Good thing I'm not obsessive compulsive.......:taz::hitt:

And this doesn't include the Roland RS-70 and E-09 I just pickled up to give me something to do.....plus the modules.......better stop there. the good thing...a group of musicians could walk in here, and we could rehearse just about anything and they wouldn't have to leave the house, except for coffee and donuts, i don't generally have those around-no room for food here.

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2013 at 2:02 AM, Scott Hamlin said:

Behold.. The Pentagon...
2mi5izc.jpg

Casio PX-5S
Casio XW-G1
Yamaha DD-55
Roland FA-76
Roland D-50
Weber WG-60
M-Audio Keyrig 49

BOSS BR-800
Roland KC-110 Amp
Lava Lamp
Various other small sound toys...

Not shown (need more stands):  :rolleyes: 
Ensoniq SQ-80
Yamaha DJXII

The fam heads north in a couple weeks and I will be baching for a few weeks.. plan on setting up my whole rig and making some sonic mayhem. Will post some more pics then.  :P 

Nice castle !!!